Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Major fire in Goleta/Santa Barbara
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 7/7/18 9:50am Msg #30423
Lots of homes burned to the ground, no count yet. I was at the movies (2 back to back) to escape record temps.

Gathering my documents, I have a suitcase packed, printer, scanner, laptop, digital camera, Ipad plus, dogs and their toys, running shoes. Winds have subsided to 3 miles an hour, on the fire fighters side to get fire under control, but hotter weather today. Winds were 30-35mpg. Scorching heat and hot hot hot winds.

I came through Gaviota yesterday at 1pm, it was 109! 105 in Solvang, 101 on the 101 in Buellton. Supposed to cool down tomorrow.

99 to 104 today with gusts 10-15mph expected in late afternoon. Wind advisory yesterday expired. We're still on red flag warning. I have so many friends who are impacted to the Goleta community center or have left town to stay with friends/relatives.

Watering now to keep everything alive.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Major fire in Goleta/Santa Barbara -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/7/18 9:50am
 Re: Major fire in Goleta/Santa Barbara -  JanetK_CA on 7/7/18 2:30pm
 Re: Major fire in Goleta/Santa Barbara -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/7/18 2:58pm
 Like a blow torch near Pismo Beach - Bear900/CA on 7/7/18 6:32pm
 105 in the shade here yesterday....I stayed in except for -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/8/18 7:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.