Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

From eating like a pig....
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm Msg #30569
Early in the year I started unexpectedly shedding weight, all while eating like a pig. There was no plan, no idea, no intention. I just wanted to eat healthier and had been growing a lot of garden veggies for a couple of years. Over last winter I found myself eating less meat and more plant based foods and pounds just rolled off.

Then the knee replacement thing... yeah, that'll take some pounds off too. Several months after that I settled into my old high school weight 'range'. SHOCK!!

Something I preserved and carried forward from my senior year in HS or first year of college was a pair of Levi bell-bottom cords with some sort of tapestry design, straight from the hippie era. They are in perfect shape and have been wrapped in plastic all these years.

So I pulled them out and thought, "Do you think?" Naw... I could put them on but no way button them up. Oh well, was fun thinking, or dreamin'.

So much for wishful thinking.

I am now three and a half weeks post second knee replacement and I am saddened by the fact that I can no longer eat like a pig. Those days are gone.

I get a sick over-stuffed feeling when I try to eat what my brain once considered 'normal'. Gone are the days of yogurts, cottage cheese. any dairy products, juices, coffee with fun creamers...doughnuts!

Days of organic greens have long been ushered in. Fruits, occasional ground turkey, legumes, home-made veggie soups, and salmon once or twice a week. No special menu or shopping list, it's just what I can 'stomach', and I enjoy it.

Sadly, until I get used to the feeling and mentally dial in that the 'tank is full', I now eat like a bird.

I also had to deal with pain-killers again on this second knee replacement. I pulled off of them several days ago (OUCH!!!) and am using Tylenol Extra pain relief instead.

In the meantime...I lost six more pounds and have been holding. Really? Yeah...so far.

You don't think...the old bell-bottomed cords...? In my dreams, maybe...

I just tried them on. They buttoned closed!

Where's my red ribbed tank-top that used to go with these?!!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 From eating like a pig.... - Bear900/CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm
 Wow! Things have changed.. - Bear900/CA on 9/10/18 2:30pm
 Re: From eating like a pig.... - Yoli/CA on 9/10/18 3:50pm
 Re: From eating like a pig.... - Bear900/CA on 9/11/18 12:08am
 You are truly an inspiration, Bear -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/11/18 7:31am
 I have to give more credit to women - Bear900/CA on 9/11/18 12:56pm
 Bear, I'm so happy for you! You lost weight the healthy way! n/m -  Barbara___IL on 9/11/18 10:25am
 Re: Bear, I - Bear900/CA on 9/11/18 1:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.