Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: From eating like a pig....
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 9/11/18 12:08am Msg #30572
Thanks Yoli, I'll keep my eye on those. A lot of our eating habits are based on years of 'training' our appetites to consume 'x' amount to be satisfied. Mind still wants to take over body but now body ain't having it. So having to throttle back. When I do, there is none of that piggy feel after.

When my mother first saw me after skinnying up, she insisted I must have cancer! My reply went like this:

"So, I tried and tried to lose a few pounds by eating less and found it extremely difficult. So, I didn't have cancer, right? Now, on a plant-based diet and suddenly losing weight from proper and healthy eating i have cancer?"

Was a funny moment.

Still, I will monitor things. My father and older brother died of colon cancer, as did my dad's parents. While quite honestly, it was my garden that motivated my lifestyle change, I realize I made an important turnabout and don't plan on going back.

I also don't mind eating less and fitting into cool clothes.

I had more of a John Travolta pomp when wearing those clothes back then, so no scarf, but the hair has been put away in shoe box since. Wink
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 From eating like a pig.... - Bear900/CA on 9/10/18 1:55pm
 Wow! Things have changed.. - Bear900/CA on 9/10/18 2:30pm
 Re: From eating like a pig.... - Yoli/CA on 9/10/18 3:50pm
 Re: From eating like a pig.... - Bear900/CA on 9/11/18 12:08am
 You are truly an inspiration, Bear -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/11/18 7:31am
 I have to give more credit to women - Bear900/CA on 9/11/18 12:56pm
 Bear, I'm so happy for you! You lost weight the healthy way! n/m -  Barbara___IL on 9/11/18 10:25am
 Re: Bear, I - Bear900/CA on 9/11/18 1:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.