Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: ONE DRIVE
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/30/18 7:46pm Msg #30595
Haven't used it - I guess I'm just old school, but I have always been leery of using "the cloud" for just about anything - I'm not yet convinced those applications are secure enough, despite there being no reports so far of them being hacked. I may be wrong, but I'm still leery.

That being said - if it's possible to set One Drive to only access specific folders on your computer, I would think it's OK to use it for files that are not sensitive. To my mind, that would eliminate any files that pertain to loan documents. For those, I think it would be safer to just copy them to a USB drive and sync your files manually. Sending them to "the cloud" means that you have no idea where they're going and who can see them. Is that what you want?

Again, just a personal opinion - your mileage may vary, as we used to say.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 ONE DRIVE -  walthtz on 9/25/18 11:19pm
 Re: ONE DRIVE - MikeC/TX on 9/30/18 7:46pm
 Re: ONE DRIVE -  walthtz on 10/1/18 10:03am
 Re: ONE DRIVE - jnew on 10/18/18 2:51pm
 Re: ONE DRIVE - NVLSlady/VA on 10/18/18 4:28pm
 BTW a different UPS franchise scanned from my - NVLSlady/VA on 10/18/18 4:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.