Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Italian Wedding Soup Recipe..great for any season
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/16/18 9:14am Msg #30727
I had a lot of requests for my Italian Wedding Soup, so here it is...enjoy...very healthy and warming and especially great during the winter months.

8 cups of water (I don't start with chicken stock, with all the below ingredients it is plenty flavorful)
1 large yellow onion chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, skinned and left whole
box of mushrooms, sliced

Saute in olive oil til onions are clear and throw into the slow cooker

Add:
4-6 links Italian sausage after browning in a skillet.
4 red rose potatoes, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
2 cups of pearl couscous
tumeric powder
2" raw ginger root, grated

8 hours of cooking slow, it's ready when you get home for dinner.

I usually put mine together early in the morning...it's deliciious any time. It lasts me 3-4 days. Take a bowl on the road with me for lunch and then have it for dinner. I never tire of it, and often use the same basic ingredients and switch the meat out with chicken or beef cubes. Very healthy, and lean.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Italian Wedding Soup Recipe..great for any season -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/16/18 9:14am
 Re: Italian Wedding Soup Recipe..great for any season - MikeC/TX on 12/16/18 5:04pm
 Re: Italian Wedding Soup Recipe..great for any season -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/16/18 6:44pm
 Hospital cafeterias are the little know secrets..I too enjoy n/m - Alz on 12/17/18 12:52pm
 Aidells makes great chicken meatballs & sausage products. -  MW/VA on 12/18/18 11:34am
 Re: Aidells makes great chicken meatballs & sausage products. -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/23/18 10:58am
 I just found that out about a yr. ago. It's the marriage of -  MW/VA on 12/18/18 11:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.