Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Morning walks
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 2/16/24 10:32am Msg #36849
Days are getting longer. Walks are getting nicer. Still no accomplices during my walks.

I live on a long street, about a 3rd of a mile. Walking down the street I face the coastal mountain range. They appear very close but not too tall near me and this time of year are Irish green. Straight over the hill resides Cheryl. Also, looking straight onto the hill is a formation of bushes and grass depicting a fairly good likeness of a large crocodile and an Indian girl. I point this out to friends who have lived here all their lives and never noticed it. Go Croc! Just to the left in the same proximity once lived Brad Pitt and Jennifer Annistin. At one time a descendant of William Randolph Hearst also resided up there.

The coastal range runs from south of Santa Barbara, south of me, all the way north to Morro Bay and Morro Rock (Oregon's Haystack Rock's big brother) to Big Sur, Monterey Bay and through San Francsico and beyond. Anyone visiting CA should make this drive especially around March when it's all green.

I used to drive to work in Solvang for several years and boy was that tough. The city itself is like working in Disneyland and the drive there was along the costal range full of hilly vineyards. It's hard to picture anything prettier.

Solvang:

http://youtu.be/iw2gmGWdTb4?si=Neg2QSYD0Hvuyc9S

Vineyards on the way to Solvang:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=vineyards+around+los+alamos&id=BAF20146CC9B924AF170AB898BD23527796CBF32&form=IQFRBA&first=1&disoverlay=1

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel own a vineyard and winery in the nearby never-ending vineyards. We tend to take a lot of this for granted, until....

You walk early in the morning, breath in the fresh air and soak in the site of the coastal range.

A very steep and somewhat treacherous part of the coastal range is just north of me past San Luis Obispo where my wife works. It's a long grade called the Cuesta Grade. I uncovered the beast and will be driving over that shortly, after I switch the exhaust brake on. Go RAM!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Morning walks - Bear900/CA on 2/15/24 10:11am
 Re: Morning walks - SC/CA on 2/15/24 3:48pm
 Re: Morning walks - Bear900/CA on 2/16/24 9:55am
 Re: Morning walks - Bear900/CA on 2/16/24 10:32am
 Re: Morning walks - Bear900/CA on 2/16/24 10:36am
 You just brought back a beautiful memory, Bear -  Yoli/CA on 2/16/24 10:44am
 Re: You just brought back a beautiful memory, Bear - Bear900/CA on 2/16/24 12:33pm
 Re: You just brought back a beautiful memory, Bear - SC/CA on 2/16/24 12:50pm
 Re: Morning walks - SC/CA on 2/16/24 12:28pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.