Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

People are starting to talk more about the eclipse on 4/8.
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 4/2/24 12:58pm Msg #36950
Here’s a link to see what percentage of totality you’ll see in your area.

http://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/future-eclipses/eclipse-2024/where-when

Enter your zip code into the chart and it pulls up the data. Remember, never look directly into the sun. Even during a partial eclipse, where the sun’s not fully covered by the moon, eclipse glasses are quite necessary, as retina damage can still occur. Beware of bogus glasses too.

We’ve seen a partial and a total, and they were completely different experiences. I highly recommend both. The partial was cool. But the total was a different animal altogether and was mind-blowing. Unfortunately, we’re unable to travel to see the totality and will only get a slight partial in our area. I wish everyone excellent viewing! Keep looking up! :-)
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 People are starting to talk more about the eclipse on 4/8. - SC/CA on 4/2/24 12:58pm
 Re: People are starting to talk more about the eclipse on 4/8. -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/2/24 3:31pm
 Re: People are starting to talk more about the eclipse on 4/8. - SC/CA on 4/2/24 4:25pm
 I'm in a totality area & praying for NO cloud cover. - Lee/AR on 4/2/24 6:20pm
 Re: I - SC/CA on 4/3/24 10:46am
 The sky is falling! - bagger on 4/3/24 6:03pm
 Enjoy the eclipse. - SC/CA on 4/4/24 11:37am
 Perfect eclipse-viewing weather today! Sunny & 70s. YAY! n/m - Lee/AR on 4/8/24 11:15am
 Re: Perfect eclipse-viewing weather today! Sunny & 70s. YAY! - SC/CA on 4/8/24 12:22pm
 Re: Perfect eclipse-viewing weather today! Sunny & 70s. YAY! -  Yoli/CA on 4/8/24 1:32pm
 Heard you should keep your pets inside during the eclipse... -  JanetK_CA on 4/5/24 3:54am
 Re: Heard you should keep your pets inside during the eclipse... - SC/CA on 4/5/24 7:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.