Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: How best to prepare for CA notary test
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/25/20 4:36pm Msg #614993
I think the easiest way to check info on changes in the past few years is to go to the SOS site and read the annual Newsletters, usually issued at the first of the year. (Someone recently posted that the latest one has been posted.) They always include any changes in the law, which nearly always go into effect at the first of the year.

Since you never know what the questions will be, my personal bias is to study the actual material rather than a set of questions. As Cheryl said, the course offered here not only is a great review of the law, it's also a very inexpensive way to take care of getting the required Certificate of Completion, which you must have anyway before you can take the exam. (I used it again earlier this month to prepare for my 6th commission exam last weekend.)

The Notary Rotary course includes a great set of test questions at the end, which are a bit tougher than the proctored exam. Once you pass that, not only are you probably well prepared for the state exam, you are also able to print that Certificate of Completion on the spot, no waiting. Also, the course materials include at the end, all the Government, Civil and other Code we're accountable for. I always take the time to re-read the whole thing before retaking the exam.

BTW, the best advice I can give anyone about to take the exam is to read the questions carefully and to review your answers before you turn in your answer sheet. (Also, instructions say to pick the BEST answer.) This past time, when I reviewed my answers, I found one question I had answered wrong only because I didn't catch a spot where one critical word in one of the choices was incorrect, while the rest of the sentence sounded the most accurate. So glad I caught it the 2nd time through!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How best to prepare for CA notary test - CaNotary777 on 1/25/20 1:12pm
 Re: How best to prepare for CA notary test -  Yoli/CA on 1/25/20 1:25pm
 Re: How best to prepare for CA notary test -  JanetK_CA on 1/25/20 4:36pm
 Oops - minor correction. :>) -  JanetK_CA on 1/25/20 4:40pm
 Thank you everyone for helping me 😀👍🙏 n/m - CaNotary777 on 1/26/20 3:08am
 if you are interested, have 16-pp of 138 practice questions -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/26/20 9:39am
 Re: if you are interested, have 16-pp of 138 practice questions -  VT_Syrup on 1/27/20 8:34am
 Re: if you are interested, have 16-pp of 138 practice questions -  JanetK_CA on 1/27/20 4:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.