Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Cheryl was right and I agree with her
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 1/31/23 9:51am Msg #644217
No one has asked me to help them get an apostille, and I don't seek out that business, since I live more than an hour drive where the secretary of state's office is. As far as I'm concerned, somebody in Montpelier can do that job better than I could. Also, I don't recall doing any notarizations that seemed like they would be headed to a foreign country.

If I was requested to notarize a signature on a document headed outside the country, my concern with stamped seal wouldn't be with the secretary of state issuing an apostille. My concern would be the ultimate recipient in the foreign country might reject it. I've read in several places that tends to happen, for example, in this book that I got recently:

Peter Zablut. (2012). "Notarizing for International Use: A Guide for American Notaries, Attorneys and Public Officials". Melbourne, Australia: Notary Press.

That book is available through Amazon. The back cover claims the author is (as of 2012) a professor, practicing lawyer, and notary. He is the Director of Notarial Studies at Victoria University, Melbourne, and has various other qualifications.

Despite those qualifications, a few of the things in the book seem dubious to me. Nevertheless, it explained some ideas that were rather fuzzy to me.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Apostilles are not rocket science? - VT_Syrup on 1/30/23 10:35am
 Cheryl was right and I agree with her - Linda_H/FL on 1/30/23 11:15am
 Re: Cheryl was right and I agree with her - VT_Syrup on 1/30/23 12:23pm
 Re: Cheryl was right and I agree with her -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/31/23 8:33am
 Re: Cheryl was right and I agree with her - VT_Syrup on 1/31/23 9:51am
 why recommend a book with "dubious" info? - sigtogo/OR on 2/1/23 12:25pm
 Re: why recommend a book with "dubious" info? - VT_Syrup on 2/2/23 1:39pm
 Ribbons, Grommets, and Crimpers! Oh My! - sigtogo/OR on 2/3/23 8:02am
 Re: Ribbons, Grommets, and Crimpers! Oh My! - VT_Syrup on 2/3/23 9:34am
 lost in the trees VT? - sigtogo/OR on 2/4/23 2:15pm
 Re: Apostilles are not rocket science? -  JanetK_CA on 1/30/23 12:29pm
 Re: Apostilles are not rocket science? Agree with Cheryl -  Yoli/CA on 1/31/23 11:07am
 Re: Apostilles? Some can't even pronounce it! -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/30/23 8:53pm
 Other countries, not companies. n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/30/23 9:50pm
 Re: Apostilles? Some can -  Expeditor on 1/31/23 6:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.