Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Best way - Fix it when you are there with borrower copies
Posted by ItsMe123 of MI on 2/22/08 12:10pm Msg #236596
If a borrower has an error (wrong date, forgets middle name, etc) just redo the doc when you are at the closing with the borrower's copy. That way it will not be an issue.

I honestly have to say it is rare when I don't have a little borrower boo-boo. A lot of times they are so nervous to sign everything just right (not to mention they are sitting in front of a total stranger that can see their whole life in paper) that it they are more prone to boo boos.

Just make a joke about (like saying the following with a understanding joking way "I am glad you did it. One of us was bound to it and it is usually me" ) and pull the same doc from the borrower's package. Tell them, "I know this may seem silly but I want to make sure the loan process continues to go smoothly for you. I don't see this boo boo as an issue but I can say that if we redo it right now, it definitely will not be an issue" .

They also know when you do this, their borrower copies are the exact same as the lenders
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Changing a date and initialing - JustANotary on 2/21/08 6:02pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing -  christiSocal on 2/21/08 6:42pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing -  Ndwa on 2/21/08 6:52pm
 Was they date change initialed by the Notary? I didn't catch - Cam/CA on 2/21/08 7:05pm
 I was thinking borrower too. -  christiSocal on 2/21/08 8:21pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing -  Larry/Ca on 2/21/08 7:44pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing - LKT/CA on 2/21/08 7:54pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing - Paul/Oh on 2/21/08 9:56pm
 Best way - Fix it when you are there with borrower copies - ItsMe123 on 2/22/08 12:10pm
 That only works if dates are not preprinted.... n/m - LKT/CA on 2/22/08 1:01pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing -  Dennis_IN on 2/21/08 9:56pm
 Re: Changing a date and initialing -  JanetK_CA on 2/22/08 1:14am
 Re: Changing a date and initialing - ItsMe123 on 2/22/08 12:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.