Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Stupid Notary Syndrome Takes Signing Industry By Storm!
Posted by  Scriba/NM of NM on 9/25/18 3:35pm Msg #598858
Okay, so we have this crop of newbies who took (or didn't take probably) a course that said Get Rich Quick or similar words. They get their commission, and a stamp. Ready now to get rich! They sign up here and there. Here comes an offer!!!! Wow, $40. On the road to riches! They accept. @$% Signing Service thinks - "Hey we got another live one on the hook! We'll give you volume! Here's a $30 one, and another $40 one. We might even have a $50 one coming up if you do a good job! WOW!"

The word gets around about the new "notary fish" and off it goes. Depending upon their diminished IQ, it may take a while to find out that they aren't getting rich, and during that time they just foul up the market more and more.

Sadly, the good notaries are leaving and the market is going to crap to put it bluntly. Today, I had a good signing company argue with me of $10. They always paid properly ($125) and today they wanted a purchase/loan and total scan back and offered $100. I said $125 (which is still low for what they want but.....) and they countered with $115 to which I said I needed $125 to make things work.

The robot girl told me they had to "Check With Escrow on that." That's ridiculous, they already accepted the signing at a set price from title. How stupid do they think we are? She hasn't called back. Just another symptom of other people wanting to keep our money. We do the work, they want the lion's share for themselves. Don't think so.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 *THIS IS A SELLER ONLY CLOSING WITH FAXBACKS THAT IS ROUGHLY - grapebed on 9/24/18 3:29pm
 Re: *THIS IS A SELLER ONLY CLOSING WITH FAXBACKS THAT IS ROUGHLY - shooterclay on 9/24/18 3:59pm
 I kicked them to spam a long time ago - Linda_H/FL on 9/24/18 4:17pm
 That Is Horrid! - PegiT_MN on 9/24/18 4:44pm
 OP posted about The Closing Group - different company n/m - Linda_H/FL on 9/24/18 6:32pm
 Sorry . . . I Did Mean To Say The Closing Group . . . - PegiT_MN on 9/24/18 9:11pm
 They do notify by email but if you reject enough they stop n/m - jnew on 9/25/18 2:51pm
 Yikes! Some math for those who still don't get it... -  JanetK_CA on 9/24/18 7:22pm
 Stupid Notary Syndrome Takes Signing Industry By Storm! -  Scriba/NM on 9/25/18 3:35pm
 I can't imagine who is taking signings for fees like this! n/m -  MW/VA on 9/25/18 10:20am
 THINK THINK THINK - Signerbill on 9/25/18 11:18am
 Re: THINK THINK THINK - SteveS/CA on 9/25/18 8:26pm
 Re: THINK THINK THINK - pdl/cali on 9/25/18 11:46pm
 Absolutely correct, Steve, Seller closings take just as much -  Christine/OK on 9/26/18 6:41am
 Not my experience. Most seller pkgs = +/- 35 pages ... -  John/CT on 9/26/18 6:51pm
 Re: Not my experience. Most seller pkgs = +/- 35 pages ... -  JanetK_CA on 9/26/18 7:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.