Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

One less notary service requirement ...
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 5/19/24 1:18pm Msg #648461
While doing all this today online requesting my daughter's birth certificate:

Formerly in Alameda County in California, if someone other than the principal was applying for a certified copy of birth certificate by mail/Fedex, that application had to be notarized. No more.

Now, after paying for that application, I was given the option to e-verify and thereby speed up the process. I just went that route. Had to fill in my social security number, date of birth and answer 3 multiple-choice questions to verify my identity. Immediately after completing that e-verification, I received an email with the following:

"IDENTITY VERIFIED ONLINE
Your Electronic Identity Verification is successfully completed in place of Notarized Authorization Statement.
Attached is a copy of your electronically signed sworn statement(s).

Your order is now ready to be processed by our staff. You will receive notification once the order is ready for shipping."

The process was so simple and so convenient. Extremely easy to eliminate one more notarial service. Frown Mea Culpa

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 One less notary service requirement ... -  Yoli/CA on 5/19/24 1:18pm
 Yes, it is true. Many organzations have started to use this - Alz on 5/20/24 1:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.