Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #622983

8 replies
America's Notary Pro, San Antonio, TX G/B/U?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/12/20 9:28pm

Sitting in my DDS's chair getting a crown, phone rings, I see that it's America Notary Pro San Antonio, TX.

Never worked for them, I had too much stuff my mouth to speak....they left a message. Nothing here after

Msg #621035

Msg #622973

7 replies
The Closing Exchange aka CXChoice.com
By Luckydog on 8/12/20 4:30pm

Had an interesting phone call to update my profile. I don't believe I ever worked with them. Are they worth it?

Msg #622964

11 replies
fax backs. seriously?
By CST on 8/12/20 12:06pm

I'm not sure why I let SD back into my life. A whole slew of offers lately, all needing fax backs. since docs will be in their hands the next day and there is a 3 day right of rescission, does it really irritate anyone else or am I just complaining?

It requires for me to drive to my house, scan and then drive to town to drop off docs so it adds a half hour to my work time.

Msg #622963

3 replies
RON
By vnp on 8/12/20 11:20am

Hi everyone!

What is the best way to get started with RON assignments? I am certified with Pavaso and Nexysy however I have not done any signings with them. Thank you in advance!

Msg #622946

14 replies
X Mark Signing Services
By KimmyMD on 8/12/20 9:56am

Hello everyone, hope your staying safe. I had a horrible encounter with Zack Davis, claimed to be CEO of X Mark Signing Services. Did a search and found nothing.
Looking for your help.

Msg #622926

23 replies
Certification of trust
By biglee/Ca on 8/12/20 12:37am

I February I did a certification of trust for a lady a couple of months later she passed on. A few days ago I received a call from he daughter stating that she found the certification but the last page the acknowledgment is missing. She asked me if I could sign and stamp another acknowledgment. I did witness the signing and if I confirm the the signature on the document matches the signature in my journal can I attach another acknowledgment to the certification. Her daughter and a friend of the family both witnessed the signing and will be present if I am able to help her.

Msg #622924

10 replies
we are back n/m
By Clem/CA on 8/12/20 12:14am

Msg #622912

7 replies
Newbie Here
By vnp on 8/9/20 6:26pm

So paid for a membership now wanting to understand how you guys are getting your business from here? Is it just a directory and companies are searching for signing agents then they email you? Guess I'm just trying to understand the benefit of paying for the service, thanks for your help, AND BE NICE PLEASE!

Msg #622911

5 replies
Do you have a website? How much traffic do you get?
By Kellosh/CA on 8/9/20 6:00pm

I've been doing mobile notary work since 2008, but I've only worked through signing companies, though I will get the odd non-real estate request (I think from my listing either on this website or the NNA). Until last year, it was a side gig I did a few days a month. Now that I'm more or less a full-timer, I'm wondering if I should actually have a notary website. I'm curious how many of you do, and if you actually get noticeable traffic/gigs from its existence?

Msg #622910

0 replies
Here is Rocket Mortgage's IPO prospectus. It is 350+ pages.
By grapebed on 8/9/20 5:54pm

A prospectus is a disclosure document. So Quicken has to outline in great detail its business, risks and strategic plans for the future.

Anyone who reads the entire document, gets $85.00! Enjoy:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1805284/000104746920004008/a2241988zs-1.htm

Msg #622886

8 replies
Some FedEx locations changing hours, pickup times
By JanetK_CA on 8/7/20 9:33pm

I found out today that one of my go-to locations no longer has a second pickup time for overnight packages going to west coast locations, so drop off deadlines for many packages are much earlier. Another of the four FedEx locations within about 5 miles of me now closes at 6:00 pm, when it used to be open until at least 8:00 pm. Fortunately, I still have a couple of other options, but it now takes a little bit of extra planning...

If you haven't recently verified hours of the locations near you, I recommend you do so.

Msg #622879

3 replies
Renewing my commission in CA
By Steve Silva on 8/7/20 7:23pm

My Commission expires in November and am looking to renew it. It's my first time doing so and am curious as to how to do it. It seems like I only need to take a 3-hour online class and I have gone online and looked at several but the prices seem all over the place. I see one for $39 and I see one for, I guess you guys call them XYZ, that charges $175. Is there any difference and do I really only need to take the 3-hour course? I only did one notary for all of 2019 but am doing several now so I do want to renew it. Thanks!

Msg #622878

3 replies
CNBC reports UPS tacking on additional fees during COVID
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 7:16pm

19 pandemic, as it faces a flood of packages.

What are notaries charging for their add'l fees during the pandemic.

Msg #622867

2 replies
Indemnity and Undertaking.......
By Ellen The Notary on 8/7/20 11:17am

Agreement Form (Gap)

Can anyone give me a short explanation of this form?

Msg #622849

1 replies
It
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 7:36am

the appointment and no one gets back to you, you lhave a full day anyway, that you should just toss the file back to the settlement agent and let them find another signing agent.

I get to the signing two hours later than scheduled. It really screwed up my day, but two other signers were so gracious and allowed me to reschedule.

The spouse was signing POA for her disabled vet husband, who sat nearby but couldn't sign due to macular degeneration and he doesn't get around too well. None the less, he shared his opinions and directives.

I couldn't wait to be done with this! Every once in a while you get a boner. Wife was very sweet, lively and energetic. A pleasure, but you just don't count on spending a lot more time with POAs. Funny, no one mentioned it at the time they were scheduling it.

Msg #622848

4 replies
It's strong omen, when you don't have docs an hour before
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 7:30am

the appointment and no one gets back to you, you have a full day anyway, that you should just toss the file back to the settlement agent and let them find another signing agent.

I get to the signing two hours later than scheduled. It really screwed up my day, but two other signers were so gracious and allowed me to reschedule.

The spouse was signing POA for her disabled vet husband, who sat nearby but couldn't sign due to macular degeneration and he doesn't get around too well. None the less, he shared his opinions and directives.

I couldn't wait to be done with this! Every once in a while you get a boner. Wife was very sweet, lively and energetic. A pleasure, but you just don't count on spending a lot more time with POAs. Funny, no one mentioned it at the time they were scheduling it.

Msg #622845

21 replies
Nationwide Signing Services
By Donna Moore on 8/7/20 6:08am

I just received a check from Nationwide Signing Services for a closing done on 3/11/2020. Today is 8/7/2020. That is 5 months, totally unacceptable. Previously I received a check on 8/1/2020, it was for two jobs done on 11/8/2019 and 2/19/2020. I am no longer accepting jobs from this company. Worst pay ever.

Msg #622841

1 replies
RON PLANTFORM RECOMMENDATION?
By Laura Vasquez on 8/6/20 9:47pm

I had a bad experience with Docverify, I expended an excessive amount of money to begin working as a RON Notary, I really regret choosing Docverify, it is really complicated and I have lost several clients for this reason.
Can anyone suggest a better platform, another vendor better than the one one I mentioned before?
Thanks,

Msg #622835

11 replies
Quicken launched its IPO today, raised $32 billion, its
By grapebed on 8/6/20 7:41pm

employees received millions in stock, while its notary "partners" got -0- and we run around trying to save 10 cents a ream on letter size paper. Make your own conclusions.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/quicken-loans-parents-stock-rises-as-company-looks-to-build-the-amazon-for-financial-services-2020-08-06

Msg #622805

10 replies
Notary rules for a RULONA state?
By  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 7:21am

Several weeks ago I got an email from the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation, announcing they had a vacancy in one of the three notary advisor positions. They advise the secretary of state on what the administrative rules should be for notaries. (In effect, the advisors will write the rules and the sos, unless they're egregiously awful, will approve them). I think this means they're finally going to get around to creating the very first set of administrative rules for Vermont notaries.

I intend to follow the process and offer comments on any drafts or proposals that are made public.

If anyone knows of a good set of rules from another state that has passed RULONA, that could be used as a model, I'd appreciate it if you would post a link here.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.