Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #621373

4 replies
Hybrid signing last night with an appraiser
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/25/20 9:17am

When I arrived I asked had he gone onto the portal and created his account, logged in and reviewed and approved his docs, and he had not.le I was only able to email and leave voice mails all day to remind him to do this, but he was too busy in the field to read/hear my messages before I arrived. By this time, 6 pm, his login/password/pin had expired. We contacted support and they immediately assisted us on the spot. Not too painful, but this has not happened to me ever before. Tried to call 313-xxx-xxxx number several times, and it rang busy for several minutes as I tried numerous times.

Just thought this might help others who have late afternoon hybrid closings.

It was a great signing. Sat in their deck in a very comfortable upholstered settee, lemon, apple and apricot trees abundant with fruit in their tiny little urban garden behind their charming Craftsman home, soft rock music in the background. Not all my signings have such ambiance. I was particularly in awe of their 5' Brussels sprouts stalks in the raised veggie boxes.

I must have looked undernourished as they loaded me up with sparkling water, bananas, string cheese and almonds as we worked through our iPads and laptops.

Msg #621369

12 replies
PPO DENTAL INSURANCE
By Misti Morgan Chumley on 6/25/20 8:48am

Hi! Being self employed I need help finding Dental Insurance plans with a PPO and no waiting period.
Please does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks so much⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Msg #621365

1 replies
Signing Agent Network
By Segal on 6/25/20 5:15am

I receive 3 emails a day from this company. I don't see them listed on Signing Central. Has anyone signed up on their site and worked with them?

Msg #621353

4 replies
platform
By  Angelina Saenz on 6/24/20 4:23pm

which notary platform is best for online notarizations for us to use when we have our own clients/customers. thanks in advance

Msg #621351

9 replies
Any good legal paper deals?
By Mung/CA on 6/24/20 2:38pm

OfficeSupply.com has Hammermill case for $59 with free shipping

Msg #621345

5 replies
It's official...more & more people will be working from home
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/24/20 10:02am

So get ready...we're going to be doing more signings on patios, decks, garages, breezeways, parking lots, we're in this for the long haul. Get an air-conditioned face mask, if the here is one.

The chair business is predicted to be huge in the future.

http://www.npr.org/2020/06/22/870029658/get-a-comfortable-chair-permanent-work-from-home-is-coming?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Msg #621344

1 replies
7 Title
By LS/TN on 6/24/20 9:40am

Has anyone ever worked for this company? I can't find any comments about them. Thanks in advance.

Msg #621340

4 replies
Has any one worked for Texes Pioneer Title GBU?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/24/20 12:16am

Tim Wagoner
Senior Account Manager-National Settlement
Texas Pioneer Title
103 West McDermott Drive, Ste 100
Allen, Texas 75013

Msg #621339

5 replies
Rescission calendar for this week, in observance of July 4th
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/23/20 11:49pm

Looks like banks are closed on Friday, July 3rd and hence title companies will also observe Friday as a Federal holiday. Be sure to watch your rescission periods closely this week.

I had a signing tonight where the ending three day rescission period was not calculated correctly.

Msg #621328

7 replies
Be careful of where your pictures
By Luckydog on 6/23/20 3:12pm

I just went down memory lane and typed in my old house that I owned just to see if for sale and the value. Somehow they got 8 of my private pictures listed on it from Realtor.co*! Where did they get these? They has my koi pond, my son's bedroom, my kitchen and dog, 2nd bath, all my personal belongings. I have left the house in 2010, and have no idea of where they snagged these from. Does anyone have an idea? I don't think I had them on Photobucket back then, BUT even if I did, I would surely never put my address on anything like that.
Zillow doesn't have that...This is frightening!

Msg #621315

5 replies
Ever heard of a title co. offering borrowers mobile upload
By Eva75Eva on 6/23/20 10:33am

of their cash to close checks? A borrower at my closing last night told me she had a friend that just purchased a home and the escrow company had an app for taking a picture of the closing funds check for upload to their website. It sounds similar to mobile deposit, which I have tried on my smartphone and like to use with my bank.

Seems like this would be an innovative, hassle-free way of collecting the closing funds. Just wondering if this will be the way of the future.

Msg #621314

7 replies
Burned by the #'s company owner....He finally got me!
By sonya on 6/23/20 9:59am

After 12 years of paying his increasing annual fees to secure the same prime spot on his website, he finally got me! From one day to the next without any notice I was dropped from my high paying position to a much lower one and when I contacted him, he gave me some lame excuse that the position I paid for (and had proof and receipt from him) must not have been available at the time of purchase and that he had given me other locations nowhere close to my demographic area!! That's Ok! My credit card company took care of him and I am so glad I no longer have to deal with him and his assistant with name starting with "C" playing the good cop bad cop roles that they play. She tries to get you to bad mouth him by her saying derogatory things about him. Sayonara!

Msg #621311

2 replies
I am not overwhelmed by the way EOM for June is shaping up.
By grapebed on 6/22/20 8:33pm

In fact, I am underwhelmed. I had a closing cancel an hour before the appointment time today because employment could not be verified. That is about the fourth time that has happened. With 15+% unemployment, I
suspect that it is going to happen more frequently.

I am ready for a nice long July 4th break, so I am not going to get bummed out if June is not another record or close to record month. My GNW, however, has been on fire. That's easy money, limited travel, no printing, stamp, sign'n go. Thank you very much.

Msg #621297

19 replies
Circle gets smaller
By CH2inCA on 6/22/20 1:45pm

I've been wearing a mask to all signings. Providing signers with pens they can keep, gloves, and hand sanitizing wipes for after fingerprints. Very careful, with physical distance, outdoors if possible, and we don't pass the paperwork back and forth, once its in their hands they sign put it back in the envelop I place the notarized certs back in the envelop and that's the way I ship.

But is it enough?

My sister and brother-in-law just tested positive. I haven't been in physical contact with her since mid May, when she pick up a package at my house. We did chat out in the patio for a little while.

Why is this work related? Because I don't know of anyone who has taken more precautions than they have. They work from home, don't leave the house without masks, order their groceries delivered...

It breaks my heart because my sister has also made hundreds of masks that she puts in her mail box for anyone who may want them. Just advocates for any precaution. We just don't understand how they got this!!

We are in a very rural part of CA, so it's not related to crowds.

The unknowns are overwhelming.

Msg #621296

2 replies
Face coverings during signing
By snowlover/PA on 6/22/20 12:47pm

I always let my signers know I will be wearing a face covering during settlement and ask if they would be willing to wear one, as well. 99% of the time, they agree. And they go above and beyond for me and them! We close outdoors/garage/porch, etc. Social distancing a must. For the few who don't want to wear a face covering, I will be turning the signing back. Have any of you turned away a signing for this reason?

Msg #621291

2 replies
renewal
By BH/FL on 6/22/20 9:58am

sorry I meant to say renew my commission

Msg #621289

2 replies
Renewel
By BH/FL on 6/22/20 9:39am

I need to renew my license. Where is the best place to go for that

Msg #621288

4 replies
Notarylocate.com
By JustANotary on 6/22/20 9:31am

I am getting emails asking me to sign up for this free service that will connect me with title companies. Does anyone know about this company?

Msg #621278

6 replies
Scheduling Apps
By kkarate on 6/20/20 12:16pm

I need help finding a good scheduling app or device to keep track of appointments when I am mobile. Can you please tell me what you are using and how its working out for you .

Msg #621276

3 replies
Dropped packages at UPS yesterday
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/20/20 11:17am

While I was waiting for my receipt, a gentleman came in looking for a notary, and the clerk said their notary is on vacation.

I walked outside to go to my car, and the man was googling for a notary on his smart phone for a notary. I offered to assist, and picked up a couple bills as I was on my way to another closing. We signed in the back of my SUV.

Picked up enough for a Habit salad lunch, and gas for the week...not a bad day with six signings. Monthend kicked in a little early this week.

Wishing all a great monthend in June...I've already been queried by vendors as to my 4th of July plans...who goes any where on holiday weekends during COVID-19? Not me! Just to local beaches early and late in the day.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.