Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Can you say "communication breakdown?"
Posted by  MichiganAl of MI on 5/14/06 9:11pm Msg #119846
I called L & L at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday after a morning appointment to say I hadn't received any docs and that the borrower had not returned my call. The number I called for L & L was a cell phone (Lee I think). She was at the movies, said she'd get me the docs after the movies. Okay, fine. I've got two more appointments to do anyway. I finally reached the borrower. The number I was given to call her was for her home in Arizona (listed as a cell number) so she never got the message. I kept getting a busy signal on the other number, but finally got through (she says it was a home number for her daughter here in Detroit and they were online a lot). I finally get the docs at 3:30, print them, meet the borrower at 4:30 Saturday. Good thing I confirm the address because the location is completely wrong.

Now comes the kicker. First of all, she's on vacation here. She's going home Monday and didn't want to do this here. She asked her mortgage co. to set the signing up for when she gets back home, but they insisted on doing it here. She's been waiting all week. She spent her entire birthday on Wednesday waiting for someone to show up to get the signing done. She spent all night Friday, from 5 p.m. on, waiting for me to show up. Funny, since I have never worked for this company in my life and I didn't get called on this until between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Friday and immediately told them I'd be happy to do it on Saturday. But someone gave her my name at 5 p.m. and told her I'd be there shortly. I kept saying, "Are you sure? I didn't even know about this until almost 7:30 and we decided on Saturday." She says they sat outside starting at 5 p.m. waiting. Every time someone got out of a car, they'd say "Are you Alex?" LOL.

Ah well, the life of a signing agent. I actually enjoyed the signing, she was a really sweet lady. I don't know how much if any of the mix ups had to do with L & L. But, they were very nice to talk with, I was impressed that I was actually able to reach someone on a Saturday and that she went back to the office. I'd work with them again.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Any opinions? L & L Notary Services - Also possibly named... -  MichiganAl on 5/12/06 6:48pm
 Re: Any opinions? L & L Notary Services - Also possibly named... -  Roger_OH on 5/12/06 7:10pm
 Re: Any opinions? L & L Notary Services - Also possibly named... - AngelinaAZ on 5/12/06 10:46pm
 Good to know, but I'm worried about the signing. -  MichiganAl on 5/12/06 10:58pm
 How'd it go Al? - AngelinaAZ on 5/14/06 1:18am
 Can you say "communication breakdown?" -  MichiganAl on 5/14/06 9:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.