Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Competition vs. Networking
Posted by MaggieMae_CA of CA on 5/13/05 11:09am Msg #37501
Sam, your referral was very much appreciated by me and I will reciprocate! That's a given. I agree with you 100% about the networking.

Two of my 3 signings yesterday were for notaries. That seemed really strange to me. Yes, I know we can't notarize our own signatures or the signatures of someone we have a vested interest with/in.

What surprised me was that these two notaries didn't have a fellow notary to call and give their business too. The one woman Sam referred to me was frantically calling every notary she could find. No one wanted to notarize her signature until 6 p.m. or later.

I believe having trusted friends in this industry is important. People who will refer me and I can refer business to them. People who aren't going to steal my corporate clients out from under me and know that I will not do the same to them.

It definitely takes time to get to know people and to get a feel for who you can trust. I do think that some people on here do indeed have trusted friends that they refer business too. I think Sylvia's SS is hand picked by her in that she reads the various notary boards, finds out who knows their stuff and would be an asset to her service. She probably even invites them to join her SS as opposed to opening up a database and getting anyone and everyone to sign up. To me, this is networking.

What I've said here about Sylvia is an 'educated guess' on my part. I haven't ever met or personally spoken with her. My only communication has been thru reading and posting on this board and one email to her. So, I could be totally wrong on how she does her SS.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Competition vs. Networking -  SamIam_CA on 5/13/05 10:30am
 Re: Competition vs. Networking - ERNA_CA on 5/13/05 10:57am
 Re: Competition vs. Networking - MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 11:09am
 Re: Competition vs. Networking -  SamIam_CA on 5/13/05 11:13am
 Good question... - MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 11:29am
 Re: Competition vs. Networking - MaggieMae - Sylvia_FL on 5/13/05 11:51am
 MaggieMae to Sylvia - MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 12:26pm
 PS to Sylvia - MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 12:33pm
 Re: PS to MM -  SamIam_CA on 5/13/05 1:08pm
 Re: MaggieMae to Sylvia -  Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 1:23pm
 Susan... Body Language!!! You're soooooo right! - MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 3:00pm
 Re: Susan... Body Language!!! You're soooooo right! -  Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 8:45pm
 Re: To Susan... Body Language!!! You're soooooo right! - MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 8:56pm
 Re: To Susan... Body Language!!! You're soooooo right! -  SamIam_CA on 5/14/05 11:46am
 Re: Competition vs. Networking - Anonymous on 5/13/05 7:30pm
 Re: Competition vs. Networking - TN NOtary on 5/13/05 3:43pm
 Re: Competition vs. Networking - chelleCA on 5/13/05 5:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.