Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Here's my "SECURITY FEATURES"
Posted by IPS of MA on 5/14/05 10:42am Msg #37761
I think that it is a good idea for all notaries to put something like this on their homemade certificates.

Note that on the front, where I put misc. information, I made a notation saying: "For your protection, make sure you read the security features on the reverse. If none exists, please do no accept this document for it may have been altered or forged."

SECURITY FEATURES

The “Security Features” of this document should help prevent:

1.) Unauthorized Duplications and/or
2.) Reattachments to other documents

Please note the following features:

1.) An impressed seal should be affixed on the bottom of the page;
2.) The Massachusetts Sigil is in color;
3.) The Optional line is blue;
4.) The officer’s signature should be original.

WARNING: If the features don’t exist then you should not accept this document because it may be fraudulent. HOWEVER, if the officer’s seal is impressed and affixed to the bottom of the page, then you should accept it. Make sure the notary’s name is the same as the name on the impressed seal. If the names are different, then fraud may have been committed.

M.G.L. c. 267 § 1: False or Forged Records or Certificates of Notary Public, etc.:

Whoever, with intent to injure or defraud, falsely makes, alters, forges or counterfeits a public record, or a certificate, return or attestation of a clerk or register of a court, public register, notary public, justice of the peace, town clerk or any other public officer….. shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than ten years or in jail for not more than two years.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Homemade Jurats ? - LisaK/WI on 5/14/05 9:12am
 I created fancy watermarked certificates... - IPS on 5/14/05 10:36am
 Here's my "SECURITY FEATURES" - IPS on 5/14/05 10:42am
 Re: Here's my "SECURITY FEATURES" - LisaK/WI on 5/14/05 11:09am
 Re: Here's my "SECURITY FEATURES" -  LisaWI on 5/14/05 11:12am
 Re: Here's my "SECURITY FEATURES"To Anonymous -  Susan Axelrod on 5/14/05 12:49pm
 They have been sent to you using Word 2000 n/m - IPS on 5/14/05 4:59pm
 Re: Homemade Jurats ? - CA_Jeanet on 5/14/05 2:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.