Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Trustee with Power of Attorney - REAL QUESTION HERE
Posted by Sam of ? on 6/13/05 9:40am Msg #44237
Wow peter - I think your legitimate inquiry got lost in the squabble about who is rude and who is just giving advice.

**Some of the docs are drawn up for John Doe to sign as trustee, some for him to sign as POA for his mother, and some just say "signature______". Question: How does should I have him sign the spaces that don't specify whose signature is needed?**

My answer is only an educated guess as I have not yet had a POA for a trustee. Hopefully this new post will attract some more attention for you.

Always look toward the top of each form to see what names are listed. If names are no where on the form; I think you can still assume that the required signatures will be the same as was requested on the note and the DOT. Obviously call title to get the correct answer!

When John signs as himself it is "John Doe, Trustee". When he signs as his mother, I am 99.9% sure it is "Jane Doe, Trustee by John Doe, attorney in fact." I have seen a form called a personal guarantee where the borrower had to sign as themselves and not as the trustee - in case the trust did not pay off the loan. Watch out for that form just in case.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How to sign by Power of Attorney - Anonymous on 5/16/05 10:39am
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney -  SamIam_CA on 5/16/05 11:00am
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney - Anonymous on 5/16/05 11:26am
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney - Erna_CA on 5/16/05 12:33pm
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney. opps for ..ones .n/m - Erna_CA on 5/16/05 12:37pm
 How do you initial for Power of Attorney? n/m -  SamIam_CA on 5/16/05 12:45pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? -  Dave_CA on 5/16/05 1:18pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - Anonymous on 5/16/05 2:03pm
 I would let them know. Bummer. n/m - Sam I am on 5/16/05 3:01pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - Sam I am on 5/16/05 2:59pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - ERNA_CA on 5/16/05 3:04pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - Peter_in_CA on 6/12/05 11:58pm
 Trustee with Power of Attorney - REAL QUESTION HERE - Sam on 6/13/05 9:40am
 Re: Trustee with Power of Attorney - REAL QUESTION HERE -  PAW_Fl on 6/13/05 6:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.