Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Trustee with Power of Attorney - REAL QUESTION HERE
Posted by  PAW_Fl of FL on 6/13/05 6:59pm Msg #44406
Thanks for bringing this question back in focus. The signing by POA is to be done as the POA identifies the attorney-in-fact, which typically is an individual. So, assuming that John Doe has attorney-in-fact authority for his mother, Jane Mom Doe, for both real property transactions and to act on behalf of her in her position as trustee to the trust. And both John Doe and Jane Mom Doe are trustees to the trust that hold title to the property.

If all the above is true, then John Doe would sign as "John Doe, Trustee" (or similar wording as directed by the lender and/or title company). Then John Doe, as attorney-in-fact for his mom, would sign as "Jane Mom Doe, Trustee, by John Doe, attorney-in-fact" (or similar wording as directed by the lender and/or title company).

For the most accurate answer, one should contact the lender or title company and get clear directions on how they want the documents signed. The above suggestion is simply based on my experience and is not to be construed as legal advice or guidance.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How to sign by Power of Attorney - Anonymous on 5/16/05 10:39am
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney -  SamIam_CA on 5/16/05 11:00am
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney - Anonymous on 5/16/05 11:26am
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney - Erna_CA on 5/16/05 12:33pm
 Re: How to sign by Power of Attorney. opps for ..ones .n/m - Erna_CA on 5/16/05 12:37pm
 How do you initial for Power of Attorney? n/m -  SamIam_CA on 5/16/05 12:45pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? -  Dave_CA on 5/16/05 1:18pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - Anonymous on 5/16/05 2:03pm
 I would let them know. Bummer. n/m - Sam I am on 5/16/05 3:01pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - Sam I am on 5/16/05 2:59pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - ERNA_CA on 5/16/05 3:04pm
 Re: How do you initial for Power of Attorney? - Peter_in_CA on 6/12/05 11:58pm
 Trustee with Power of Attorney - REAL QUESTION HERE - Sam on 6/13/05 9:40am
 Re: Trustee with Power of Attorney - REAL QUESTION HERE -  PAW_Fl on 6/13/05 6:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.