Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I've also received someone else's check...
Posted by LauriecPA of ? on 7/23/05 9:55pm Msg #54200
Paw, that has happened to me 3 times now! (and I've only been doing closings for 2 years.) The other notary has a similar name and lives in another state. I thought it was a disgrace that this person cashed the checks when they have all clearly stated (at least when I finally received them!) the borrower's name and closing city/state. Maybe it's like you said, rather than being dishonest, they just didn't keep records.
The last time it happened I had such a hard time getting the $$ back b/c the title co. said they had to wait for her to send them the $$ back before they could issue me a check. I couldn't understand this reasoning b/c I had performed the service, the other notary was paid, and if she didn't pay them back, I couldn't get paid? After two weeks of me calling them every day, I got my check.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment - Jay-NoCal on 7/23/05 3:40pm
 Re: Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment -  BrendaTX on 7/23/05 3:49pm
 Re: Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment - Joan-OH on 7/23/05 4:12pm
 I've also received someone else's check... - Cherilyn in CO on 7/23/05 5:58pm
 Re: I've also received someone else's check... -  PAW_Fl on 7/23/05 9:07pm
 Re: I've also received someone else's check... - LauriecPA on 7/23/05 9:55pm
 I mean, someone else has received MY check!... - LauriecPa on 7/23/05 10:33pm
 Re: Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment - jojo_MN on 7/24/05 9:07am
 Re: Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment - LawrenceOK on 7/24/05 11:30am
 Re: Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment - wade/ar on 7/24/05 5:56pm
 Re: Nation Signature Closers/Non-payment - LauriecPA on 7/24/05 10:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.