Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Making comments that matter
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 4/26/18 10:06pm Msg #592685
Although a certain colleague no longer posts, there was one positive contribution I believe she made to the Forum while she was here: In her quest to make comments and ratings reliable, she put the hammer down on posters who had no experience with the SS under discussion but felt compelled to add their 2 cents no matter how worthless. Eventually, this ended a lot of useless, unhelpful posts. This would be especially applicable to those who admit they had never even heard of the particular SS but still cluttered up the board with pointless posts. Despite all the angst our departed (from here) colleague created on the Forum, I think she was on to a good thing here, and I would suggest that the professional NSAs on NR continue to encourage those who have had no experience with the hiring agency under discussion not to take up air time or even offer potentially dangerous advice like "give it a chance." There's nothing like an informed response and healthful dialog for someone seeking advice.

BTW: I have had extensive experience with Jacquie, owner of Notary Near You. I didn't respond to a recent inquiry because OP didn't ask a question, so I didn't know what he was looking for or how to respond. I didn't want to overwhelm with info that wasn't wanted or needed. I know two excellent NSAs who have had recent experience with NNY. Too bad they didn't respond.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Making comments that matter - BearPaw/CO on 4/26/18 10:06pm
 Re: Making comments that matter - Linda_H/FL on 4/27/18 7:54am
 Re: Making comments that matter - BearPaw/CO on 4/27/18 11:23am
 Re: Making comments that matter - Luckydog on 4/27/18 11:34am
 We aren't curing cancer in this Forum. We are simply - grapebed on 4/27/18 12:53pm
 I added to your post below. IMO if poor ratings in the past -  sigtogo/OR on 4/27/18 12:58pm
 Re: I added to your post below. IMO if poor ratings in the past - SteveS/CA on 4/27/18 2:41pm
 Maybe we ARE learning to heed SC's warnings? - Lee/AR on 4/27/18 3:18pm
 Re: Maybe we ARE learning to heed SC - SteveS/CA on 4/27/18 4:05pm
 Bravo! - Luckydog on 4/27/18 4:08pm
 Considerations for rating co's in SC. Let's make a good list -  JanetK_CA on 4/27/18 5:41pm
 Re: Considerations for rating co's in SC. - SteveS/CA on 4/30/18 8:49pm
 Excellent point, Steve! -  JanetK_CA on 5/1/18 1:13pm
 Re: Making comments that matter -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/27/18 6:23pm
 If a poster is asking about the G/B/U of a SS, what in the - grapebed on 4/27/18 7:05pm
 Re: If a poster is asking about the G/B/U of a SS, what in the - Luckydog on 4/27/18 7:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.