Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no.
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 5/22/18 10:36am Msg #593604
My advice is let her print 275 pages and do those $60.00 closings. When the bills come due and time to buy more paper, toner and replace her printer from all that use, she will see her running her butt and making no money for the extras doesn't pay, and that is, if they pay her! She is supporting the cause and as long as stupid NSA's continue to accept it, the SS will keep throwing that out there. Blame the NSA not the company.
The only time I do $60.00 closings is if I show up and close and no printing and no over head involved. They overnighted the package (which is small because they print), all put together, in and out, easy peezy. Those can be sweet deals at $60.00 for about 30-45 minutes of my time, but are few and far between. The only expense is your time and gas to and from. I used to turn my nose up at them, but found them to be a nice gig when nothing else is going on except watching TV. When there is -0- overhead, you sometimes have to look at that as an hourly wage, and it makes better sense to do them. If I have to print and use my resources, no way, no how.

Snap docs did not bring our fees down. The companies on there still have a choice on what they want to offer. I have yet to do a closing for Snap docs, but do many on Snap Docs. I have many on there who still pay me the same rate when switched, and they worked that fee onto their side and not mine, who in turn pass it onto the the title company who work it in the buyer's fee, as should be. I will admit I have some who split the cost with me, and I have come down slightly on some to save an account and continue working with them, it's an individual call, but the majority still meet my fee, which BTW is what it was back in 2005. Sad.

Unfortunate that most areas of the country do not have $150-175.00 closings like Cheryl gets on a regular basis. She doesn't get that she is not the norm, but the exception and the elite. I think CA should get higher rates for all the paper work and hoops they go through compared to the rest of us, and she works direct, no SS to get their share. It' hard to compare most of us to that. We all want that kind of business, but most areas will not support that. I wonder how many in her area are doing $60.00 full print loan packages? I should charge more for CA packages as well, as I have to change the notary acknowledgement or wording (or attach a different one), and the seller packages are the worst! It is what it is, and we sail our own ships. Kuddos to Ms C who seems to have her lenders on call just for her, I wish we could all do that....the reality is, for most of us I feel it's really hard to do.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 We hire the SS, they do not hire us - Luckydog on 5/21/18 10:56pm
 I nominate this as Best Post of the Year. Must read & heed. n/m - Lee/AR on 5/22/18 8:02am
 Re: I nominate this as Best Post of the Year. Must read & heed. -  Ilene C. Seidel on 5/22/18 9:35am
 Re: We hire the SS, they do not hire us - SteveS/CA on 5/22/18 8:54am
 Since around 2015, signing services through SD -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/22/18 9:41am
 Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no. - Louisiana33 on 5/22/18 9:55am
 just remember, good ain't cheap, cheap ain't good -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/22/18 10:17am
 Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no. - Luckydog on 5/22/18 10:36am
 Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no. -  sparky/NM on 5/22/18 5:09pm
 Moment of clarity n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 5/22/18 10:04am
 Driver's seat - NVLSlady/VA on 5/22/18 10:19am
 I agree 100%. This is a great post & reality check. You -  MW/VA on 5/22/18 10:39am
 Re: I agree 100%. This is a great post & reality check. You - Luckydog on 5/22/18 10:52am
 Re: I agree 100%. This is a great post & reality check. You - Linda Professional Resource Group, Inc. on 5/22/18 11:31am
 All this need to stop! This is not how this forum operates! n/m -  MW/VA on 5/22/18 11:49am
 Actually. We need them, as they Need Us. - Serafina Light on 5/23/18 12:38pm
 This may come as a Shock . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 5/23/18 1:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.