Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I Received My First Remote Online Notarization (RON) Request
Posted by  Matt Miller of CA on 7/18/19 11:04am Msg #608505
So let me get this straight, he wanted you to perform a notarization for someone located not only outside of your state, but outside of your country? What would Italian nationals think of you remotely going into their country and performing notarizations for principals located on their soil at the time of the act??? Is it okay for Italian notaries to remotely come into the US and perform notarizations for principals located on our soil at the time of the act? This whole thing is going to have serious implications on bi lateral relations. And how can YOU positively identify the signer without actually physically inspecting the ID? You can't, the software will take over the identity proofing and vetting process and when it fails, and it will, it's tech after all, guess who goes down for it? you, the notary. Good for you Pegi, hold your ground!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I Received My First Remote Online Notarization (RON) Request -  PegiT_MN on 7/3/19 5:35pm
 I've had a couple of calls for RON during the last year, but -  MW/VA on 7/3/19 6:07pm
 Re: I Received My First Remote Online Notarization (RON) Request - JandB on 7/4/19 8:17am
 Thanks for the info. I've checked into all the requirements -  MW/VA on 7/4/19 10:31am
 Re: I Received My First Remote Online Notarization (RON) Request -  Matt Miller on 7/18/19 11:08am
 Re: I Received My First Remote Online Notarization (RON) Request - jojo_MN on 7/5/19 1:23am
 Re: I Received My First Remote Online Notarization (RON) Request -  Matt Miller on 7/18/19 11:04am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.