Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Title365 *icking NSAs around?
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 5/11/22 2:32pm Msg #640013
" I'm on the edge of withdrawing from them, but they currently make up about 25% of my income, and with things being so slow, I can't really afford to take another hit like that."

Unfortunately, this scenario is what plagues a lot of NSAs. Let's break this down.

1. Make up about 25% of my income - main reason to <<NOT>> put all one's eggs in one or two baskets. Diversify, people. Have several clients; the more, the merrier. This is why I always advocate marketing every chance possible. Sure it's great to have a wonderful direct client that keeps you busy with great fees. Let's say (imaginary) ABC Title Co. is your best client and provides you 50% of your business. All of a sudden, ABC goes under. Unbeknownst to you, they lost their biggest contract to a major nationwide player. Because of your relationship, ABC was magnanimous enough to give you a month's notice.

2. With things being so slow - exactly. This is what some of our (not so ethical) hiring parties are counting on while lowering their fees. Business is slow. They're pushing to see how low NSAs are willing to bend. TCs are still getting the same fees - just look at the CD. SSs are still getting the same. For the most part, they're locked into a contract for those fees. So, just ask yourself: Why are the NSA fees being impacted when everything else has remained the same?

3. I'm on the edge of withdrawing - maybe not necessary to cut the cord just yet. You might consider taking your time to review all sides prior to cancelling with them. Perhaps you can just be "already scheduled" for the next couple of assignments while you think things through ... ? Or, if it's a blast-type acceptance and then you reach out for a fee adjustment to your contract rate, go with that. If they push back, simply say it's a contract issue, ask them to make a note of it and leave it at that.

I've not worked with Title365 that I can recall. OP talks about a contract. Does that contract have a withdrawal/cancellation clause for either party? Has there been a breach of contract by either party? I believe they're a title company. As such, surely they're licensed and have legal counsel? Wink

imjs

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Title365 *icking NSAs around? - Kellosh/CA on 5/11/22 1:21pm
 AR not cheap. - Lee/AR on 5/11/22 1:31pm
 Re: AR not cheap. - Kellosh/CA on 5/11/22 2:29pm
 Re: Title365 *icking NSAs around? -  Yoli/CA on 5/11/22 2:32pm
 Re: Title365 *icking NSAs around? - Comet53/CA on 5/11/22 4:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.