Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I agree with Cheryl
Posted by  NJDiva of NJ on 3/28/23 4:43pm Msg #644933
In June I moved to FL from Bergen County. Business really started slowing up there in about March. I thought it would be better down here. Unfortunately, that is not the case. It's rather difficult to get established in this business anyway (in my experience. The NNA is crap. Don't believe a word they say. They're a for profit comp;any and do NOT help us in anyway.). Though it's different now than when I started 18 years ago because of the internet low balling sites.

I'm not sure you got into this business at the best time as it appears we're ready to have a crash like in 2008 (definitely with the banking industry starting to crumble). I pray I'm wrong, but if it happens, it'll be a few years before many of us get back up and running. In 2007-2008, I actually had to get an office job as a result of the crash.

Also, keep in mind, the interest rates have more than doubled in just 2 years. I did a closing today and their interest rate was 6.375%. Disgusting since my husband and I bought this one in 2021 at 3.25%, and it was a 2nd home at the time. 2nd homes typically have higher interest rates than a primary residence.

I would suggest you find something to supplement your income, because this industry is inundated with NSA's. Many have no clue how to run a business. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but just preparing you. Good luck my dear.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New Agent looking for assignments - Belinda Smith on 3/28/23 10:04am
 Re: New Agent looking for assignments -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/23 10:15am
 I agree with Cheryl -  NJDiva on 3/28/23 4:43pm
 Re: I agree with Cheryl -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/23 5:48pm
 I agree. Biz has come to a halt & no signs of picking up -  MW/VA on 3/29/23 9:05am
 I thinking about all the jobs that will be around 4 a while -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/28/23 9:55pm
 Re: New Agent looking for assignments - PaigeTurner on 3/29/23 10:00am
 Upside is getting caught up on lots of other things... ;>) n/m -  JanetK_CA on 3/29/23 5:55pm
 Re: Upside is getting caught up on lots of other things... ;>) n/m - PaigeTurner on 3/30/23 11:39am
 Re: New Agent looking for assignments -  Expeditor on 3/31/23 4:13pm
 Re: New Agent looking for assignments -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/1/23 8:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.