Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I disagree...
Posted by  Marian_in_CA of CA on 6/21/12 4:17pm Msg #424265
The work is there, but the compensation is not. I get lots of calls for loan signings everyday, but few of the companies are willing to meet me fee. For those that live in urban/suburban areas, it's different, but these companies don't differentiate.

No, thank you... I'm not driving 60 minutes each way through wide open desert for a loan signing where you insist the most you can ay me is $80. It's simply not happening. Those jobs take a significant chunk of my day, fuel, and vehicle costs, paper, etc.

More and more, I'm having people call me for GNW where they've been sent a DIY refi kit from the bank (Wells Fargo does this a lot out here) and in the kit, there is a long page of instructions to the notary. HAH!! If they want a NSA, they need to hire me as an NSA, and not tell the borrowers to go scout out a notary on their own and walk them through the package and be told they "only need to pay for two notarizations." That's just cruel.

It happened to me just this week again. The borrower called and said he was told that he only needed two signatures notarized (DOT and an affidavit) and that in CA it would only cost him $20, and he was supposed to show me the instructions where it says to make sure the borrower signs all the documents as written, etc. or we would be held accountable. Say what??? So I was expected to not only go to this guy, walk him through his re-fi kit and notarize both docs for only $20? That didn't happen!

I went... notarized the two documents and charged my usual mobile service fee for GNW. The borrower understood and said that even he thought it was ridiculous. I called his LO and told her that as notaries, we're under no obligation to to as they instructed and if there is a problem with his "Kit" when he returns it, I won't be held responsible, because I wasn't hired to perform NSA service. I was hired to notarize two signatures, that's it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? -  Joan Bergstrom on 6/20/12 11:41pm
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? - CJ on 6/20/12 11:53pm
 It's well worth it.. n/m - docs1954CA on 6/20/12 11:54pm
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? -  Joan Bergstrom on 6/21/12 12:07am
 I disagree... -  Marian_in_CA on 6/21/12 4:17pm
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? - Buddy Young on 6/21/12 12:00am
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? - bfnotary on 6/21/12 8:51am
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? -  Marian_in_CA on 6/21/12 4:02pm
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? - Q_in_Sac/CA on 6/21/12 8:05pm
 Re: How much does it cost to become a CA Notary? -  Joan Bergstrom on 6/21/12 10:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.