Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

You never know the scheduler's urgency in finding a notary
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 11/19/20 8:31am Msg #626592
at the last minute.

Got a call from a company I once did a lot of work for, they paid decent fees. But in the last five years, they sunk to $85 and wouldn't budge, take it or leave it. But they always pay timely. Their title docs are numerous and silly, like 10 of them and they need to all be notarized.

So I get a call yesterday to do a signing in two hours, yes, I'm available. Did not realize who was calling me since I was already in a signing, but I can't do it until 7pm. Okay, will you do it for $115? No thank you, not enough but I appreciate your thinking of me. $150 is my COVID fee

An hour later the same scheduler calls me back and says they can meet my fee if I'm still available. I took it, as I had another one at 8pm in that direction. When I get to the signing, the borrower tells me that they are leaving on vacation to AZ first thing this morning, and they won't be back for a week. They only learned they needed to sign at 3pm yesterday. I'll bet that scheduler was panicked and on the phone for hours trying to find a "cheap" notary. Well, that's what ignited the fee acceptance. (There might have been a rate bump if they didn't sign last night.)

You just never know the urgency of an opportunity to get the fee that is appropriate for the work we do during COVID. Nice borrowers who know everyone I know in my community, so it was a fun signing, and they had just completed their kitchen remodel which gave me a few ideas about my own project!

Win/Win!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 You never know the scheduler's urgency in finding a notary -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/19/20 8:31am
 Re: You never know the scheduler - Calnotary on 11/19/20 10:44am
 That was tight/narrow . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 11/19/20 2:10pm
 A new approach out of desperation? -  JanetK_CA on 11/19/20 3:22pm
 Re: A new approach out of desperation? - FeliseSoCal on 11/19/20 7:05pm
 Re: A new approach (I Like) - NVLSlady/VA on 11/19/20 7:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.