Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Agree. "New breed" can have those jobs.
Posted by Noolypen of WA on 3/7/21 2:36pm Msg #630160
Thank you all for this thread. I am accidently, one of the "New Breed". My problem, and perhaps others like me, is we were "trained" online to know what the doc are in general, but not how to get assignments.

After getting certified I received a few calls of which you described, but very few. I watched a video of a "leading signing agent" telling me I needed to "get my name out there!" so I did. I put my information on several notary signing agent call list type sites.

I got a few more calls, but still not enough to keep me going. Last year this sims thing started and some of the companies I already worked with said they were going strictly sims.

I hate it! I am tied to my phone. I rarely get reasonable assignments requests in advance of the ASAP or same-day (Which I don't usually take).

My other issue is that I am in a rural-remote area where it will take 30 minutes or more to get anywhere and can not stack assignments easily. In addition I live in a retirement area and have an elderly population who often take longer to sign the document. One recently read the entire document taking 5 hours!

I do get to put in bids and only work for companies who are willing to commit to my fee, but my 'favorites' have stopped calling. Perhaps because I am out on other calls and have had to decline offers from them.

How do I get out of this cycle and be able to talk like you who can disregard all the sim-sters?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Have times really changed this much? - JanetK_CA on 3/3/21 4:50pm
 Re: Have times really changed this much? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/3/21 5:28pm
 I could not agree with you more, Janet. I also got that text - ananotary on 3/3/21 5:53pm
 I think technology has changed things. SnapDocs & many cos. -  MW/VA on 3/3/21 5:55pm
 Agree. "New breed" can have those jobs. -  JanetK_CA on 3/3/21 6:10pm
 Re: Agree. "New breed" can have those jobs. - ananotary on 3/3/21 6:40pm
 I am with you gals. -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/3/21 6:58pm
 In all honesty I don't know how anyone - Linda_H/FL on 3/3/21 7:15pm
 Re: Agree. "New breed" can have those jobs. - Noolypen on 3/7/21 2:36pm
 Re: Agree. "New breed" can have those jobs. -  JanetK_CA on 3/7/21 7:54pm
 Re: Agree. "New breed" can have those jobs. - Noolypen on 3/8/21 9:08am
 Re: I think technology has changed things. SnapDocs & many cos. - SteveS/CA on 3/6/21 4:38pm
 Agree, but not for the better for us - & not very laughable. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 3/7/21 5:56pm
 Let's not forget how many people are promoting this work -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/4/21 8:45am
 Thank You For Posting This . . . - PegiT_MN on 3/5/21 1:40pm
 Wish I knew a way to isolate to junk text folder n/m - jnew on 3/7/21 9:05am
 IDK, I prefer text/app pushes - Kellosh/CA on 3/7/21 11:45pm
 Re: IDK, I prefer text/app pushes -  JanetK_CA on 3/8/21 12:04am
 Re: Have times really changed this much? -  KC/CA on 3/8/21 1:59pm
 Re: Have times really changed this much? -  JanetK_CA on 3/8/21 3:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.