Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

My New Canon Printer: A Saga
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 4/27/21 5:15pm Msg #631699
After my Brother kept jamming and jamming while printing legal sized paper, I sold it and bought a Canon Imageclass MF. I had a great month with it, then it started jamming whenever I was scanning. Problem got worse and worse until finally one night, the roller mechanism literally broken in half so violently, it cracked the ADF casing. It lasted about 2.5 months.

I called Canon the next day and they said they would immediately send me a replacement, no questions asked, just remember to to keep my original power cord and toner because the replacement machine wouldn't have those in the box. What it would have would be a Fedex label so that I could package the defective machine and send it back on their dime.

Next day, replacement arrives as promised. Only, it DOES come with both toner and a power cord, but it did NOT come with a Fedex label. I switched out the printers, got the new one set up, and put following up on my to-do list. (It was EOM and was busy.) A few days later, I get email from them asking to please drop the defective printer because the tracking barcode hasn't scanned. Their email says, "In the event that there was no shipping label in the box, please do not email us. Please call this number..... to request a new shipping label."

So I call it. And wait. And wait. And wait. Finally 80 minutes later, a real person finds my file, takes my information, and tells me it will be UPS label, not Fedex, and it should arrive in my inbox within 2-24 hours.

Three days later...
No UPS label, and in the meantime, the replacement unit, which had been working just fine, suddenly gets amnesia and forgets how to communicate with my network. I show up at two signings only to discover about 10% of the pages in my package didn't print at random (luckily I have an HP printer in my car, so I was able to resolve that problem on site.) Also, the scanner begins jamming after a few pages.

I call again. 90 minutes this time, and when they find my file, it has my name, but no information about me having received a replacement unit. Also, there's a Texas phone number on my records. (I live in California). They say they make the corrections, and that I'll receive a UPS label within twenty-hour hours to send back the faulty machine.

That was five days ago, and still no UPS label. I did, however, get an email reminding me to send back the defective machine soon, or they will bill me for the second machine.

Which now I've had to return to factory settings three times and set up anew when it stops communicating with my network for no discernable reason whatsoever. And which has left random pages out of every package I've printed. And which jams after three to five pages when scanning. And which will no longer print from the manual bypass tray.

I wrote back to the latest email (which said to reply if there are issues) and said after multiple issues with two units in short time, I just want my money back since I've lost total faith in their product, and a label to send back both units. The automated reply says they'll follow up within twenty-four hours.

Forty-eight hours and counting...

So, in summary for me, no more Brother printers, and no more Canons.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My New Canon Printer: A Saga - Kellosh/CA on 4/27/21 5:15pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga -  Yoli/CA on 4/27/21 5:59pm
 After your experience, I REALLY don't want a Canon! n/m -  Yoli/CA on 4/27/21 6:07pm
 Yes, but... - Kellosh/CA on 4/27/21 7:16pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - Carolyn Bodley on 4/27/21 6:07pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga -  JanetK_CA on 4/27/21 7:42pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - Carolyn Bodley on 4/27/21 10:02pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - Kellosh/CA on 4/28/21 12:00pm
 Re: everything is being made cheaper today n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 4/28/21 3:08pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - Luckydog on 4/27/21 8:29pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - pdl/cali on 4/27/21 9:52pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - NVLSlady/VA on 4/27/21 9:52pm
 Re: My New Canon Printer: A Saga - pdl/cali on 4/27/21 9:53pm
 No, I need the Umbrella policy - NSA, at large!!! n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 4/27/21 9:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.