Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed?
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 9/13/21 9:23am Msg #635089
You mention Los Angeles County so I'm going to assume you're in California.

According the Secretary of State website:

Check List
The following is a check list identifying the steps that must be completed to obtain a notary public commission:

Complete Approved Education
Register for the Exam
Take the Exam
Submit Fingerprints via Live Scan
Await Commission Packet
Purchase Notary Public Materials
File Notary Public Oath & Bond

Here's the URL: http://www.sos.ca.gov/notary/qualifications/

Insofar as the county office, please call them to find out if they're open for business. If not, you can go before any duly commissioned notary for the Oath.

As to the notary stamp, Ilene already addressed this. Just remember, you are not a notary until you've taken the Oath and the bond is filed.

All your questions can be answered by visiting the SOS website. Good luck! Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? - YI Luan on 9/12/21 9:33pm
 Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? -  Ilene C. Seidel on 9/13/21 7:48am
 Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? -  Yoli/CA on 9/13/21 9:23am
 Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? - VT_Syrup on 9/13/21 10:13am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.