Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I wouldn't worry about that....
Posted by Notary_MA of MA on 2/13/06 11:30am Msg #96653
If you recall the below post, then you should have nothing to worry about. Hypothetically, lets say Brenda has something against you for calling her "crabby"....... Her ratings against you will hold very little weight because Brenda can only rate you once.

(I remind you this is my interpretation of the below post... If I'm wrong.. please let me know Smile )

==========================================================
Another Ratings Clarification...
Posted by Harry [NR] of IA on 2/11/06 2:02pm
Msg #96374 from logged in user

The way the system CURRENTLY stands, you are rating the post and indirectly rating the poster. HOWEVER, each person only gets one rating per post (which they can change) and can only contribute a single score, overall, to another user.

What does this mean? If you don't like someone and you vindictively go back to rate a bunch of their posts as negative, it will have no more impact than rating a SINGLE one of their posts as negative. Your ratings will be averaged to form an overall opinion of the person's contribution to the board.

Next, on the positive (or green) side of things... If people were not self-interested and not interested in attacking those with whom they don't get along, they would double-back to rate as positive those posts that are most often referred to (e.g. the getting started post, debt collection posts, etc.).

After doing so, we could have a page that displays the most frequently rated, positive posts. This page - the "green" page - in theory, would serve to answer most questions that "green" signing agents ask that others complain about. Of course, rather than recognizing this potential, people are preoccupied with their popularity and peer perception, which I should have better anticipated.

I will compile the survey/poll results late tomorrow to see which direction most people would like to go.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Did I miss something over the weekend, red/green boxes! What - O/Cnotary on 2/13/06 10:44am
 Re: Did I miss something over the weekend, red/green boxes! What - Notary_MA on 2/13/06 10:49am
 Oh, I just checked it out, dont know what to say, hmmmm n/m - O/Cnotary on 2/13/06 10:53am
 Re: Oh, I just checked it out, dont know what to say, hmmmm - MB_AZ on 2/13/06 10:59am
 Re: Oh, I just checked it out, dont know what to say, hmmmm -  BrendaTx on 2/13/06 11:05am
 BrendaTX - MB_AZ on 2/13/06 11:24am
 I wouldn't worry about that.... - Notary_MA on 2/13/06 11:30am
 Re: BrendaTX -  BrendaTx on 2/13/06 11:39am
 Re: BrendaTX - still figuring it out. -  BrendaTx on 2/13/06 11:47am
 Re: BrendaTX - still figuring it out. -  PAW on 2/13/06 12:19pm
 Re: BrendaTX - still figuring it out. -  BrendaTx on 2/13/06 12:23pm
 Re: BrendaTX - MB...btw -  BrendaTx on 2/13/06 11:50am
 Re: The red and green boxes. - Beth/MD on 2/13/06 12:21pm
 Re: Did I miss something...rating the post or the poster? -  Lorraine Maguire on 2/13/06 12:49pm
 I just got 1 point deducted for rating my own post. I wanted - O/Cnotary on 2/13/06 1:44pm
 I don't have a rating :( n/m - kkdmiddleton on 2/13/06 2:21pm
 KK there ya go a big green box for ya. \ n/m - srnotary_CA on 2/13/06 2:25pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.