Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: any recommendations for refresher course to renew?
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/13/21 8:37am Msg #631186
I took the class here to premier members for free. I also took a live class in Thousand Oaks with a BFF who also took the notary exam last week.

The one thing that I would caution anyone in CA about is making sure your live scan fingerprints' results from the DOJ are transmitted in a timely fashion to the SOS. The last time I renewed, they went missing and I had to relentlessly chase them down between the DOJ and the SOS Notary staff. I finally got a call from a supervisor apologizing for the misstep. It was a harrowing experience. I received my commission, oath paperwork the day before my commission expired and walked everything to the county recorders' office.

The bigger problem is that the SOS notary division staff is grossly under-manned and they simply are not processing very fast or efficiently.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 any recommendations for refresher course to renew? n/m - Mung/CA on 4/12/21 1:56pm
 Re: any recommendations for refresher course to renew? -  JanetK_CA on 4/12/21 2:23pm
 Re: any recommendations for refresher course to renew? -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/13/21 8:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.