Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Loan Officer present.
Posted by CJ of CA on 7/26/11 3:25pm Msg #391359
When I was new, a loan officer, being there (or an attorney, or dad, or whomever) used to make me very nervous. Borrowers are afraid they were being lied to, no one has seen the papers and everyone is on edge and people are polarized.

I want it to go smoothly and quickly, so I try to unite us as a team. I say, "I am SO GLAD that this other person is here! I am not allowed to give opinions, but now, this person you trust is here, and they can help! Smile"

I find that all these other people are so much more familiar with the loan docs than the paranoid borrower, and when I explain the figures, I make sure that the extra person sees them too. Then this extra person calms down, and they see that everything is okay, and they tell the borrower to go ahead and sign. It really can speed things up.

One time, the LO was there. I showed the borrower the Note and I said, ". . . And your interest rate is 8%"

Borrower said, "It's supposed to be 4%."

We looked at the LO and he said, "It really is 4%" I was MORTIFIED! The LO just LIED to the borrower!

They started arguing in Spanish. I thought, "It's a good thing I don't understand Spanish because I don't want to be held accountable for this conversation. They argued for 45 minutes. I could see that the Loan Officer was loosing because he was getting angrier and angier and leaning across the table wagging his finger at the borrower. Finally the LO said, "I'm going to step outside for a minute to make a phone call".

I said to the borrower, "I don't know what he told you, but the contract says your interest rate is 8%." He said, "I'm not signing". I said, "I'm leaving", and I grabbed the documents and left.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My Time has Arrived - LisaWI on 7/26/11 7:48am
 Re: My Time has Arrived -  Linda_H/FL on 7/26/11 7:55am
 Re: My Time has Arrived - LisaWI on 7/26/11 8:03am
 Re: My Time has Arrived -  jba/fl on 7/26/11 8:16am
 Re: My Time has Arrived - LisaWI on 7/26/11 8:27am
 Re: My Time has Arrived -  Stamper_WI on 7/26/11 9:02am
 Re: My Time has Arrived -  Notarysigner on 7/26/11 9:32am
 Re: My Time has Arrived -  MW/VA on 7/26/11 9:03am
 Re: My Time has Arrived - A S Johnson on 7/26/11 9:37am
 Re: My Time has Arrived - LisaWI on 7/26/11 10:51am
 Re: My Time has Arrived -  RedBaron/IN on 7/26/11 12:34pm
 Loan Officer present. - CJ on 7/26/11 3:25pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.