Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: FYI, beware of doing any signings in Borders
Posted by jnew of WI on 8/19/11 5:00pm Msg #394284
I have done signings under these circumstances and have ambivalent feelings about it. I want to give good service to the customer, but also understand that these are not public places. They put out tables and chairs for the convenience of their customers and I feel like I am mooching off them if I don't at least buy a cup of coffee or a Coke. They have every right in the world to ask me to leave if I am using their facilities in a way that is at odds with their business. I don't believe that most chain type operations really care that much and this is probably the exception rather than the rule, but they do have the right to stop you.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 FYI, beware of doing any signings in Borders - Linda Juenger on 8/19/11 3:56pm
 They probably aren't in a very good mood with closing... -  LynnNC on 8/19/11 4:04pm
 Not an excuse, but if I worked for Borders and was about - Bob_Chicago on 8/19/11 4:07pm
 Thumbs up, McD's in off hours and Jack in the Box. -  BrendaTx on 8/19/11 5:07pm
 Re: Not an excuse, but if I worked for Borders and was about -  Notarysigner on 8/19/11 5:25pm
 Re: Not an excuse, but if I worked for Borders and was about - CopperheadVA on 8/20/11 1:17pm
 Re: FYI, beware of doing any signings in Borders - jnew on 8/19/11 5:00pm
 Most liquidations are handled by 3rd party - DaveCA/CA on 8/19/11 5:32pm
 Re: FYI, beware of doing any signings in Borders - Pam/NM on 8/19/11 6:00pm
 Re: FYI, beware of doing any signings in Borders - rolomia on 8/19/11 8:55pm
 Re: FYI, beware of doing any signings in Borders - Blueink_TN on 8/19/11 9:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.