Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Read, respond, enjoy and learn from the board...
Posted by SarahBeth_CA of CA on 2/3/06 12:30pm Msg #93855
My synopsis.

There was a fair deal of bashing of V Ring for her religious tones in her book. A fellow christian defended her. Ms. Ring needed no defending and btw adding alot of religious content to her book was not the best choice in my opinion. I also agree that the book should have had a religous bend it it's title or an explaination on the back of the book that it was writen from a christian perspective (I have not personally seen the book). But she knew what she was doing and that is how she wanted her book to be. Had I not already heard of Rings incorrect information at speaking engagements I would have bought her book and it wouldn't have bothered me, yet there's definately content that is irrelevent to notary training.

The problem came when a few members went completely off and yes did attack the defending board member. Maybe they thought the board member was wrong. But she did nothing that the others did not do. She expressed her opinion. I don't think the bashing of the poster would have been as harsh if Ms Ring wasn't consistantly incorrect in some of her notorial teachings. There is already a fire, but then to add someone defending Ms Ring who happens to share the same religous beliefs was like adding napalm to an inferno. Did you actually think that the poster wouldn't defend herself? But since she did she's being called a holy roller, religous freak, and other lovely terms of endearment. I think most who posted in the original thread were wrong. Shane may be the only exception. SoCal was overzealous in the way she defended herself and should not have gone as in depth as she did. Cali you know I like you but I have to disagree with your statements reguarding the posters view. Yours is no better than hers and you certainly didn't stay professional when your point was supposed to be that religous content in a training book is unprofessional. Yet you addressed her every bit as disrespectfully as you feel she did to you even when you said something to the effect of "everyone chooses the beliefs that are right for them". 2 wrongs don't make either of you right. It is one thing to get frustrated over someone not knowing what a venue is, it's another to put someone down because thier religious viewpoint is different than yours. Becca you have a great business mind but you sunk down right along with Cali with your insults. PAW you know I respect your knowledge but your upset with her constant testimonial on redemption when it was a couple of posts in one thread. This thread was about the gang beating she recieved for stating a religious viewpoint. I would hardly call that constant.

It seems that there are those who are completely offended and inflamed at any mention of God whether it is a "God Bless you", or a testimonial. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to go personally attacking. There was just as much disrespecting and insulting by those who felt disrespect and insulted. Again 2 wrong don't make either right.

Just as this is not the place for testimonials. It is not the place for bashing anyones religious beliefs no matter what they are. She stated her testimony. She was totally attacked. Those who did attack aren't any better that the one stating her testimony in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So could we all get back to discussing Notorial topics please?

Yikes I was going to say just my 2 cents, but I think I put a couple of bucks worth in.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Message from a "Newbie"! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 12:21am
 Re: Message from a "Newbie"! - CaliNotary on 2/3/06 12:41am
 CaliNotary: The Very Example of Rudeness! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 1:02am
 You are always courteous??? - MichiganAl on 2/3/06 2:06am
 Reply to Michigan Al You are always courteous??? - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 4:02am
 Re: Reply to Michigan Al You are always courteous??? - MichiganAl on 2/3/06 9:32am
 I'm impressed Al - CaliNotary on 2/3/06 12:51pm
 Re: I second that suggestion! nm - CarolynCO on 2/3/06 12:06pm
 Right to choose ... -  PAW_Fl on 2/3/06 8:53am
 Reply To "PAW" - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 10:37am
 Re: Reply To "PAW" -  Charm_AL on 2/3/06 10:59am
 Re: Victoria Ring *CAN* defend herself on this board. nm - CarolynCO on 2/3/06 12:08pm
 Re Cali - Dorothy_MI on 2/3/06 10:35am
 Newbie... -  Becca_FL on 2/3/06 12:51am
 Yet, Another Example! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 1:07am
 Hey, HereinSOCA, read the thread starting with -  Glenn Strickler on 2/3/06 1:47am
 Glenn, a very reasonable response...but - MichiganAl on 2/3/06 2:28am
 Respect, Respect & Respect! - Nd_WA on 2/3/06 3:46am
 Reply to: Nd_WA Respect, Respect & Respect! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 4:14am
 Reply To: Michigan Al - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 4:00am
 You were not verbally attacked... -  Shane_OH on 2/3/06 7:14am
 Reply to Glenn Strickler - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 3:50am
 To HereinSOCA - SLP_VA on 2/3/06 5:37am
 Re: To HereinSOCA - Anonymous on 2/3/06 7:06am
 Re: To HereinSOCA Very well said anon - Anonymous on 2/3/06 9:42am
 To: Anonymous HereinSOCA Very well said anon - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 10:56am
 To SLP_VA Thank You! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 9:24am
 Speaking of disrespect... - PAW_Fl on 2/3/06 9:02am
 To PAW Again Re: Speaking of disrespect... - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 11:08am
 Re: To PAW Again Re: Speaking of disrespect... -  PAW_Fl on 2/3/06 12:52pm
 Re: Herein, you are *always* courteous. NOT. nm - CarolynCO on 2/3/06 12:10pm
 I respect your opinion... -  Shane_OH on 2/3/06 7:11am
 Re: I respect your opinion... - Anonymous on 2/3/06 7:24am
 Re: I respect your opinion... -  Shane_OH on 2/3/06 7:34am
 to: Anonymous Thank You! Re: I respect your opinion... - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 10:46am
 Enough's enough! - MistarellaFL on 2/3/06 11:27am
 Re: Enough's enough! - Thank you Mistarella for that - BrendaTx on 2/3/06 12:42pm
 Hey, "Here"! - Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/3/06 7:42am
 Jersey Boy's 2 cents... - Jersey_Boy on 2/3/06 9:07am
 Amen to that, Jersey_Boy! BTW...when's the next survery?n/m - Cindy Dorman on 2/3/06 9:21am
 reply to: Re: Jersey Boy's 2 cents... - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 10:19am
 Re: reply to: Re: Jersey Boy's 2 cents... - Jersey_Boy on 2/3/06 11:06am
 Dennis Thank You! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 9:22am
 Read, respond, enjoy and learn from the board... - MT_CA on 2/3/06 10:21am
 Re: Read, respond, enjoy and learn from the board... - Anonymous on 2/3/06 11:48am
 Re: Read, respond, enjoy and learn from the board... - SarahBeth_CA on 2/3/06 12:30pm
 SaraBeth_CA Thank You! - HereinSOCA on 2/3/06 2:12pm
 Re: SaraBeth_CA Thank You! - SarahBeth_CA on 2/3/06 2:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.