Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Good for you
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 5/13/06 1:56am Msg #119622
Sorry, Al, but this is another one of those state-specific things. The CA state handbook says "A NOTARY PUBLIC SHALL NOT USE THE OFFICIAL SEAL OR THE TITLE OF NOTARY PUBLIC FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THE RENDERING OF NOTARIAL SERVICE." That may be nitpicking, but apparently they consider it important enough to put all in caps (theirs, not mine). I generally strike out "closing" and change to "signing" agent, except for those that list several titles to cover all the possibilities. Most of the ID verifications I see don't get notarized - although I've seen some written so that they want me to notarize my own signature. I just sign it without stamping or completing the cert. in those cases.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Closing Agent - SusanJ_CA on 5/12/06 5:11pm
 Re: Closing Agent -  Sylvia_FL on 5/12/06 5:17pm
 Good for you -  MichiganAl on 5/12/06 5:30pm
 Re: Good for you - Calnotary on 5/12/06 6:13pm
 Re: Good for you -  MichiganAl on 5/12/06 8:56pm
 Re: Good for you - JanetK_CA on 5/13/06 1:56am
 Good old Cal., always more difficult than it needs to be. n/m -  MichiganAl on 5/13/06 3:16am
 Re: Good for you - SusanJ_CA on 5/12/06 6:24pm
 Re: Closing Agent - whitesatin on 5/13/06 5:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.