Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Notary Stamp from former MI notary
Posted by  Linda_in_IN of IN on 6/22/18 11:17pm Msg #594974
Diann
Per MI Act 238 of 2003, you either have to hand write the information in, filling in the blanks as on the ack/jurat OR you can use a stamp provided the stamp contains the following information:

55.287 Signature of notary public; statements; stamp, seal, or electronic process; effect of
illegible statement.
(a) The name of the notary public exactly as it appears on his or her application for commission as a notary
public.
(b) The statement: "Notary public, State of Michigan, County of __________.".
(c) The statement: "My commission expires __________.".
(d) If performing a notarial act in a county other than the county of commission, the statement: "Acting in
the County of __________.".
(e) The date the notarial act was performed.
(3) A notary public may use a stamp, seal, or electronic process that contains all of the information
required by subsection (2). However, the stamp, seal, or electronic process shall not be used in a manner that
renders anything illegible on the record being notarized. An embosser alone or any other method that cannot
be reproduced shall not be used.

If you don't already have one, you might want to print out a copy of the Public Act in its entirety for reference. I used to keep a copy with me in my briefcase in case I was ever questioned about what a Michigan notary can and can't do. The link for PA238 is http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ebmpelr5tswrkinpu1yecp55))/documents/mcl/pdf/mcl-Act-238-of-2003.pdf
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary Stamp -  Diann/MI on 6/21/18 7:35pm
 Your state doesn't even require a stamp/seal .... - BearPaw/CO on 6/21/18 8:57pm
 Re: Your state doesn -  Diann/MI on 6/21/18 10:12pm
 I had the same experience at Office Depot - BearPaw/CO on 6/22/18 12:21am
 Re: Your state doesn - Dorothy Matsel on 6/26/18 3:42pm
 Re: Notary Stamp - jojo_MN on 6/22/18 12:27am
 Re: Notary Stamp - Luckydog on 6/22/18 8:33am
 I agree. I wouldn't put the county on my seal. Check your -  MW/VA on 6/22/18 10:27am
 MI doesn't require a seal ... - Linda_H/FL on 6/22/18 10:46am
 I thought she might be using one even if it isn't required. n/m -  MW/VA on 6/22/18 11:33am
 Re: Notary Stamp -  VT_Syrup on 6/23/18 7:01am
 Re: Notary Stamp from former MI notary -  Linda_in_IN on 6/22/18 11:17pm
 Re: Notary Stamp from former MI notary - Dorothy Matsel on 6/26/18 3:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.