Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What is most secure platform -VPN
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 2/27/19 6:13pm Msg #603894
This is one of those areas that I wouldn't recommend using a free app for. Some of us are old enough to remember "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and the acronym TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

A free VPN may not be as robust as a commercial app and will not have a large network of servers unless they're making money somehow, which means that if they give you the app for free, they're making money somewhere else. At the very least you get advertising and at the very worst they're collecting and selling your information to advertisers (which kind of eliminates part of the purpose of a VPN). Personally, I would not trust the security of my business to a free app because... well, basically, TANSTAAFL.

I use ExpressVPN, but there are a couple of other commercial apps such as NordVPN and IPVanish that are just as good. A Google search will turn up others. Most allow you to use the software across all of your devices. People should do the research and find the one that best fits their needs and budget.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What is most secure platform for online notarizationa - IAC on 2/26/19 2:44pm
 an overnighted paper package from title to notary - Lee/AR on 2/26/19 3:08pm
 Re: What is most secure platform for online notarizationa -  VT_Syrup on 2/26/19 4:24pm
 Re: What is most secure platform for online notarizationa - MikeC/TX on 2/26/19 5:07pm
 Re: What is most secure platform for online notarizationa -  JanetK_CA on 2/26/19 7:06pm
 Re: What is most secure platform -VPN - LJCA on 2/27/19 10:53am
 Re: What is most secure platform -VPN - JandB on 2/27/19 11:16am
 Re: What is most secure platform -VPN - LJCA on 2/27/19 12:23pm
 Re: What is most secure platform -VPN - MikeC/TX on 2/27/19 6:13pm
 Use the platform they send you the assignment on n/m - Luckydog on 2/27/19 1:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.