Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Remote Online Notarization (RON)
Posted by  ikando of OK on 5/6/19 10:27am Msg #606186
It's come to Oklahoma. Our legislature has been reviewing the special interest-initiated Remote Online Notarization, or RON, bills across the nation. This is an extension of eNotarization to cover what I call Skype closings.

The Oklahoma legislative session is winding down, and I haven't checked to see where this bill stands, but I tried to inform my representatives that they may want to look hard at the potential consequences of passing it. Not the least of which is that the main players with this process will be banks and mortgage entities who have the bucks to set up the required equipment, security and procedures.

I recall the big bank that got it's hand slapped several years ago for having a roomful of notaries conveyor-belt stamping closing documents. What could possibly go wrong with everything being online? Surely no opportunity for hacking. But it's a "convenience" for their clients, right?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Remote Online Notarization (RON) -  ikando on 5/6/19 10:27am
 Re: Remote Online Notarization (RON) - NVLSlady/VA on 5/6/19 11:52am
 It should be interesting, because the VA Electronic -  MW/VA on 5/6/19 1:07pm
 Big tech already offers 'discounts for volume' n/m - Lee/AR on 5/6/19 1:21pm
 Re: It should be interesting, because the VA Electronic -  ikando on 5/6/19 2:19pm
 If you look at the potential, I think it is easy to -  MW/VA on 5/6/19 4:28pm
 Also, one more step away from human interaction & connection -  MW/VA on 5/6/19 4:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.