Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Exactly right, Janet! Going on a rant now...
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 5/12/19 8:24am Msg #606358
I am just the messenger as RON is a complex matter that will forever change (weaken, imo) the concept of notarization. I am trying to 'make it easy' for every one of us to do something by collecting & re-posting info.

There's a lot of big money lobbying FOR Remote Online Notarization---obviously so THEY & their investors and backers can profit. While our favorite national assoc. lines itself up to 'train their members', conveniently forgetting to mention how very much more liability & expense these...ahem...RON-trained notaries will have.

Getting Independent Notaries to act together is, well, like herding cats--and NSA are a minority group--but we ARE a GROUP who could, if motivated to do SOMETHING, could make a difference. It takes a village....

Far smarter people than I have done magnificent jobs in arguing against RON:
Matt Miller has taken his anti-RON show on the road after he was successful in getting the CA bill withdrawn last month. (am sure they'll be back.) Then it pops up in FL and IA.

Believe it was Janet who said we need some national attention drawn to what's wrong with RON.
LJCA posted a link to the contact info for every member of Congress.
CA judiciary legal-eagles did an excellent job of pointing out RONs many flaws.
All I did was put it together to make it easy for ALL MY PEERS to do one little thing...write a well-reasoned letter and send it to your State legislators and the US Congress. Can do it mostly via e-mail--where it most likely will NOT get read by anyone but a 'staff person', but they do pay attention to trends and alert their 'boss'; therefore--National attention to what is wrong with this.

Why we 'need a lot of attention' (this is me yowling): We all know that the average person really does not understand what notarization is---and isn't. Nor do even the people making up government forms have a clue. A lot of lawyers don't 'get it'. In this age of 'do it all online', this even sounds like a good idea, so it's fairly easy to sell it to the 'ignorant of the real issues' lawmakers who will vote on this in YOUR STATE.

Big tech took one state's law, twisted it into something it really isn't and promoted the daylights out of it with a bunch of bs to people/legislators who really don't understand--but it SOUNDS like a good idea. Then big tech sits back gathering the profits with no liability for notarial errors because--heh-heh--that's on the RON-approved notary--who MUST rely on yet other '3rd party PAID providera-with no liabilty for any error'. Clever, no?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Want to bring this UP again as it's a weekend & we need help - Lee/AR on 5/11/19 9:38am
 I Applaud Your Efforts Lee -  PegiT_MN on 5/11/19 5:33pm
 Re: I Applaud Your Efforts Lee -  JanetK_CA on 5/11/19 6:36pm
 Exactly right, Janet! Going on a rant now... - Lee/AR on 5/12/19 8:24am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.