Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses
Posted by Art_FL of PA on 7/24/19 2:30pm Msg #608657
My $.02 perhaps the SS was over starred!!

Let's try this: You take the closing & call the sellers & tell them that they need 2 witnesses (depending on the county in Fl they may only need 1). Sellers may have someone & that solves your problem. Sellers say they can't provide witness & then you say they must come to your location if you have a family member or neighbor act as witness if that is possible. If not you turn it back since your witnesses are not available or you misunderstood. Maybe you save the deal & earn your fee.

I have met sellers & buyers who were traveling & were able to get staff at their hotel to act as witnesses, or the people they were staying with to help.

Some notaries have a friend or spouse who is willing to travel to act as a witness, but not knowing how long this could take, would you? Fees are so low low much extra will a SS pay to hire witnesses?

Be consoled that the fee the ss would pay is usually low (only a few pages) that you didn't lose much.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses -  Linda_TN on 7/24/19 8:31am
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses - SteveS/CA on 7/24/19 9:08am
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses - Clem/CA on 7/24/19 9:45am
 I don't provide witnesses, and, as someone has mentoned, -  MW/VA on 7/24/19 9:55am
 How is this a conflict of interest? - Luckydog on 7/24/19 12:18pm
 It's Not A Conflict Of Interest -  PegiT_MN on 7/24/19 3:02pm
 Strangers or employees vary rarely will witness here n/m - Luckydog on 7/24/19 6:23pm
 Agree with all posts, not my job. But still amazed . . . -  Linda_TN on 7/24/19 11:48am
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses - Luckydog on 7/24/19 12:14pm
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses -  MarianneT/CO on 7/24/19 5:10pm
 $25.00 and tack it on to the closing cost to SS. n/m - Luckydog on 7/24/19 6:24pm
 Re: $25.00 and tack it on to the closing cost to SS. -  Barb25 on 7/28/19 6:30pm
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses -  JanetK_CA on 7/24/19 7:30pm
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses - ChattNotary on 7/25/19 9:03am
 GREAT idea!! :D n/m -  JanetK_CA on 7/25/19 3:05pm
 Re: Thoughts please on notary needing to provide witnesses - Art_FL on 7/24/19 2:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.