Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: new notary task
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/11/19 2:58pm Msg #610117
I agree with LindaH/FL about asking questions of the hiring party. This is critically important in every situation where you're asked to do something you haven't done before or by some company you've never worked with before.

I've received lots of calls about medical records over the years (just got another one a little bit ago) from different companies, most of them from Texas. The vast majority of the time, I'm just notarizing an affidavit signed by the medical records clerk. I have nothing to print and never see the medical records. The person whose signature I notarize usually has the Affidavit, and once notarized, sends that back with the records (s)he has already collected. So it's a simple matter of showing up, notarizing, leaving, and sending an invoice to the hiring party.

Having said that, there are no guarantees that every assignment involving medical records will be the same, so again, it's critically important to ask questions of your hiring party. They are the only ones who can give you the answers you need. Also keep in mind - and I'm speaking of any type of GNW here - that some will try to minimize what's involved, so if you don't ask enough questions, you might end up under-quoting for the scope of work they want. They ask you what you'd charge, then later they want you to scan it back, or need you to stick it in an envelope and mail it back (with your postage), etc., etc. And the more difficult it is to get info from them about all they expect from you, the more red flags that raises. Don't ASS_U_ME... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 new notary task - Ryan Damiani on 9/10/19 5:58pm
 Re: new notary task - Luckydog on 9/10/19 9:05pm
 Re: new notary task -  Mike Goodey on 9/11/19 12:04pm
 Re: new notary task - ananotary on 9/11/19 3:45pm
 Subpoena has probably already been issued - Linda_H/FL on 9/10/19 9:10pm
 Re: Subpoena has probably already been issued - Ryan Damiani on 9/11/19 8:13am
 Does your handbook say you are authorized to - Linda_H/FL on 9/11/19 8:49am
 Re: Does your handbook say you are authorized to - Ryan Damiani on 9/11/19 9:58am
 Re: Subpoena has probably already been issued - ananotary on 9/11/19 3:46pm
 Very simply, you're hired as the notary -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/11/19 8:11am
 Re: Very simply, you - Ryan Damiani on 9/11/19 9:59am
 Re: new notary task -  Doris_CO on 9/11/19 10:11am
 Re: new notary task -  JanetK_CA on 9/11/19 2:58pm
 Re: new notary task - Ryan Damiani on 9/11/19 5:57pm
 Be VERY careful! -  Ernest__CT on 9/12/19 6:28pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.