Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

UPDATE - AB 199 is finished!
Posted by  Matt Miller of CA on 1/6/20 1:42pm Msg #614306
My fellow notaries, Happy New Year! 2019 was a very busy year for notaries not only in CA but all over our nation. Let’s keep the momentum going in the new decade.

Over the weekend I received news that the author (Majority Leader Ian Calderon) of AB199 - The CA Online Notary Act of 2019, has decided not to push the amended version of the bill that was put together after the November stakeholders meeting so, it’s finished. This Friday I will be in Sacramento proposing an amendment to lawmakers that will update current code to cease out of state notaries from performing remote Notarizations for signers in CA. Also, I will keep my ear to the ground and let you know if another lawmaker reintroduces AB199.

I will continue the fight to protect notaries and the public at large from predatory tech companies weakening the office of notary public. Thank you for all of your continued support. If you would like to join me on Friday, please DM me. The more the merrier. If you cannot attend but would like to support, you may do so on our Go Get Funding page.
Http://www.gogetfunding.com/opposeab199
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 UPDATE - AB 199 is finished! -  Matt Miller on 1/6/20 1:42pm
 Re: UPDATE - AB 199 is finished! -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/6/20 4:26pm
 Re: UPDATE - AB 199 is finished! Thank you Matt! Hard Work! n/m - Heather Reinhold on 1/6/20 6:30pm
 Congrats Matt from Buckeyeland! n/m -  Roger_OH on 1/6/20 7:28pm
 A HUGE thank you for all your hard work! n/m -  Yoli/CA on 1/7/20 10:33am
 Awesome! Hope it stays that way! Thanks for all your work! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 1/7/20 1:45am
 Much gratitude to you,Matt !! Thank you for your hard work ! - SC/CA on 1/7/20 11:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.