Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

A heads up about the CA Notary 101 course available here
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 1/9/20 1:49am Msg #614436
I brought up this free service (for Premier Members) from this site recently, so I feel I need to give a heads up about it. As I'm working my way through, I'm noticing a couple of things that are outdated. For example, in Section 4, on completing certificates, it gives an example, and talks about the fee being $10 per signature. Thankfully that is no longer the case. Smile There were a couple of other rather minor things here and there that I disagreed with or thought were incorrect.

I still believe this is a great way to complete the mandatory training for someone who knows their craft well and just has to complete the training requirement. But I don't recommend depend on this only if you're new or if perhaps this is your first renewal. I'm a big believer in getting a copy of the SOS issued Handbook and studying the actual Government and Civil Code. This applies regardless of how you go about completing the training requirements.

It's NOT just about passing the exam, IMO, it's about really knowing what you're doing as a California Notary Public!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A heads up about the CA Notary 101 course available here - JanetK_CA on 1/9/20 1:49am
 Have you contacted NR about updating that course? n/m -  MW/VA on 1/9/20 8:18am
 Re: A heads up about the CA Notary 101 course available here - NK_UT on 1/9/20 10:39am
 It was just in the mock notarization; other fee info correct -  JanetK_CA on 1/9/20 5:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.