Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

A tire story
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 1/16/20 7:03am Msg #614681
Yesterday I had a blowout on a long stretch of country road, four miles from my house. Since I was at the base of the mountain, there was no cell service. I locked up my car and flagged down a neighbor so I could get to a place with cell service to call AAA.

Once I got to civilization, I called AAA and they said I had to be with the car for them to come out. So I called another neighbor who came to me and took me back to my car where AAA waited for me.

The silliest thing is that AAA went right by me and could have picked me up, 12 miles away from my car. He put my doughnut tire on, I gave him a $10 tip for his service, and was on my way.

I got to Americas Tire in the next biggest down, since Costco doesn['t open until 10:30am and while they have great prices and warranty program, I didn't even know if they would have my car's tire size, and I had a full day. Americas Tire company was awesome. Had me down the road in 30 minutes. They don't do alignments so I have to do that part today.

I could have avoided this had I done this over the weekend. Just trying to get every last mile on my existing tires.

Moral of this story: If you live in a remote area, be prepared to be out of pocket for a couple of hours.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A tire story -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/20 7:03am
 Meant to say, Americas Tires have better deals -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/20 7:15am
 Agree. America's Tire is the best, imo. -  Yoli/CA on 1/16/20 8:53am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.