Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I saw that one in my spam folder. I knew that isn
Posted by ArtG/KS of KS on 1/20/20 10:37am Msg #614775
In my spare time I have been looking into these unsolicited solicitations that are flooding texts, emails and robo call attempts on falsely getting information. They are on the increase. ID theft attempts are rising also. I will report here later on what I can publish.

So, as advised by an attorney who deals in this activity, It takes the victims to going after the institutions who fail to do their due diligence in identifying correctly, the customer they are dealing with, and failing that, they could be criminally responsible and incur civil damages to falsely charge money to an ID theft victim.

Its also interesting to note that the RON methods could open this up to ID theft problems too. More later about that.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The lastest scam to beware of - coming via texts. - JanetK_CA on 1/20/20 1:18am
 I got that the other day too - and thought it was - Linda_H/FL on 1/20/20 6:24am
 Re: I got that the other day too - and thought it was - CST on 1/20/20 7:42am
 I got that yesterday and it started out by -  Yoli/CA on 1/20/20 1:54pm
 Re: The lastest scam to beware of - coming via texts. -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/20/20 7:48am
 I saw that one in my spam folder. I knew that isn't a legit -  MW/VA on 1/20/20 8:01am
 Re: I saw that one in my spam folder. I knew that isn - ArtG/KS on 1/20/20 10:37am
 I've gotten two of the in the past week -  garland/CA on 1/20/20 11:07am
 Re: Fedex tracking -  Amigoaz on 1/20/20 11:24am
 Re: The lastest scam to beware of - coming via texts. - Luckydog on 1/20/20 12:22pm
 Re: The lastest scam to beware of - coming via texts. - LJCA on 1/20/20 12:57pm
 Re: The lastest scam to beware of - coming via texts. -  Expeditor on 1/21/20 5:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.