Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: think “call centers” ... dozens of 24/7 online notaries. SMH
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/25/20 4:05pm Msg #614992
"I don't know of anyone who wants to be trained, wants to do this, pay the setup costs and take the liability for it all, and then making a recording and keeping it the 5 years or so."

I think those start-up and long-term costs are good reasons that RON isn't likely to be practical for notaries to do from home.

"I don't think there is enough business for notary call centers (telemarketers come to mind)."

I think that will depend on whether or not lenders or tc's get on board. If the lenders want to go that route, the tc's will follow. Plus, I think lots of NSAs would be surprised at how much notary work gets done outside of RE related documents. I agree with Robert that the most likely business model to survive are call centers, where the operator can take advantage of economies of scale, including hiring a full time tech person (or dept.) to handle all those requirements.

Another major factor will be whether or not more than a handful of small states here and there prohibit acceptance of remotely notarized documents. If not, then it's just a matter of marketing. Unlike us, their reach could be nationwide, not restricted to driving distance. So far, it seems to me that the proponents are making steady progress. Frown

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 RON Remote Online Notary - Florida - flnative/FL on 1/24/20 1:31pm
 Try Pavaso or DocVerify...no personal experience here n/m - Linda_H/FL on 1/24/20 1:56pm
 Just be sure the demand it there before you jump n/m - Lee/AR on 1/24/20 2:08pm
 is, is...not 'it'... n/m - Lee/AR on 1/24/20 2:09pm
 It’s been legal in Florida for a grand total of 24 days - FlaNotary2 on 1/24/20 2:59pm
 Re: RON Remote Online Notary - Florida - Donna McDaniel on 1/24/20 5:53pm
 Re: RON Remote Online Notary - Florida - FlaNotary2 on 1/24/20 6:05pm
 think “call centers” ... dozens of 24/7 online notaries. SMH n/m - FlaNotary2 on 1/24/20 6:07pm
 Re: think “call centers” ... dozens of 24/7 online notaries. SMH - Luckydog on 1/24/20 7:19pm
 Re: think “call centers” ... dozens of 24/7 online notaries. SMH -  JanetK_CA on 1/25/20 4:05pm
 Yes, it's a complicated & expensive process for the -  MW/VA on 1/26/20 8:41am
 You should do a lot of important research before you -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/26/20 11:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.