Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks
Posted by ToniK of VA on 3/25/20 7:02pm Msg #617834
There are no federal unemployment office. You file unemployment with your state. Many and most if not all unemployment claims require a work search and a log. In my area, Washington DC, said they would waive unemployment work search requirements. People have already started filing. In my area the first week of filing is usually not payable. But I also read that are waiving that as well.

Also if you make any money or get any payments from working, you are expected to report it. Its considered fraudulent to not claim wages or monies received. They usually deduct the the amount you claim from the amount your receive.

This is my own personal experience with unemployment. I have collected it a few times over the years in Virginia and now DC.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - Calnotary on 3/25/20 1:48pm
 Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - SanDiegoStar on 3/25/20 2:18pm
 Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - Calnotary on 3/25/20 2:53pm
 Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - ToniK on 3/25/20 7:02pm
 Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - JandB on 3/25/20 4:29pm
 Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - Luckydog on 3/25/20 9:36pm
 Re: Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks - shooterclay on 3/25/20 5:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.