Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

This crisis is going to flesh out a lot of things
Posted by Philip Johnson of WA on 3/29/20 3:59pm Msg #618129
"The companies they are with said they only want the mortgage notarized." What about all those other docs that require a notarization? Are they just fluff? Do they really not care that all those names that some have listed on their "name" form may or may not belong to the individual, and that they are ready to swear to there veracity?

What about those endless title docs that get notarized? Do they only matter when the closing is conducted on paper? Most loan packets that I do require 10-12 notarizations depending on the number of signers, what does RON do with the other 11, if only the mortgage matters?

Luckydog states that the notary is paid $25.00 for the service, I assume the law allows $25.00 in Florida. Here, the law states $10.00 per signature notarized, and they are very particular in enforcing that bit of law. Which makes we wonder what Washington notary's are charging for the service, because one can't claim a traveling fee if it's done on your home computer.

Finally, take a look around your city,county and state and see how many laws and regulations are being overlooked or you're just plain being told that during the emergency not to follow. My favorite comes from across the river in Oregon. In Oregon in the west/central parts of the state it is against the law to pump your own gas. We/they've been told for years it's for your own safety, though we do pump our own fuel in Washington and I can't say there is a rash of station fires.

Shockingly, you can now pump your own fuel during the emergency. What's changed from 2 weeks ago when pumping fuel was dangerous to now that pumping fuel is ok during the emergency? The only answer I can come up with, is the Governor changed her mind. I bet once this over there will be a gentle uprising of the folk against some of those rules and regulations that may have lived past their expiration date.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 RON in Florida -  Mysti_FL on 3/29/20 9:49am
 Someone posted here about signing up with that - Linda_H/FL on 3/29/20 10:30am
 Re: Someone posted here about signing up with that -  Mysti_FL on 3/29/20 10:37am
 Re: Someone posted here about signing up with that - chattyfl on 3/29/20 10:55am
 I read the same complaints posted elsewhere.. - Linda_H/FL on 3/29/20 11:04am
 When you figure out all the 'greek', please enlighten us - Lee/AR on 3/29/20 11:05am
 Re: RON in Florida - Luckydog on 3/29/20 1:20pm
 This crisis is going to flesh out a lot of things - Philip Johnson on 3/29/20 3:59pm
 Re: This crisis is going to flesh out a lot of things - Luckydog on 3/29/20 4:39pm
 Re: This crisis is going to flesh out a lot of things -  Yoli/CA on 3/29/20 5:33pm
 Re: This crisis is going to flesh out a lot of things - Luckydog on 3/29/20 6:27pm
 Re: RON in Florida - chattyfl on 3/29/20 7:16pm
 Re: RON in Florida - Luckydog on 3/30/20 11:22am
 There are a few platforms, but they're all expensive & -  MW/VA on 3/29/20 7:09pm
 Re: There are a few platforms, but they - Luckydog on 3/30/20 11:24am
 Re: RON Platforms - Florida -  Mysti_FL on 3/30/20 2:15pm
 Re: RON Platforms - Florida - Luckydog on 3/30/20 3:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.