Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Closings
Posted by  Mysti_FL of FL on 3/30/20 2:31pm Msg #618166
Have done several closings now in driveway and garage and one in backyard lanai. But most just have me come into the house.

I contact borrower to confirm the date, time, location and who will be attending, as well as the ID they will need. At that time, they will generally tell me if they have kids at home, are elderly or have elderly in the home, whether they want to sign in or outside. They also will say things like "I have sanitizer" or "have sanitized my table" or "We will be signing 10 feet apart". When they tell me that, I will wear gloves. I sanitize my hands and I also place sanitizer on the gloves (while at the table), and I also wipe down with sanitizer the pens I will be providing them as many people have pens with black ink not blue. However, if they don't say anything like that, I only sanitize my hands at the table as well as my pens. And I absolutely won't wear gloves outside. Most borrowers/buyers seem ok with that.

I only had one Russian couple that made me close out in the driveway (I wore gloves) and chided me for not wearing a mask. They both wore head to foot coveralls plus gloves and a mask. It was obvious the wife made the hubby do it! Poor man was sweating puddles all over the table we were signing at. At one point I got miffed because he was drenching my paperwork. He tried to take everything off but wife stopped him. Then, wife didn't understand English well and I couldn't stand at table. They made me stay 10 feet from table. When I needed to turn pages (I didn't trust them to go through on their own), they would step to the side of the house. Then, I would stand near my car while they signed a few pages. I had to repeat several times where they should sign on some of the paperwork and he was getting frustated about that too and gestured that I should come to the table. But, in respect for her, I gestured "no" because of the wife's wishes. Crazy days!!!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Closings - terrie/IN on 3/28/20 5:53pm
 Re: Closings - Luckydog on 3/28/20 6:38pm
 Re: Closings - Angelo DeArco on 3/28/20 10:43pm
 Re: Closings - IAC on 3/29/20 12:19pm
 Everyone knows this n/m - Luckydog on 3/29/20 1:25pm
 Re: Closings -  Mysti_FL on 3/30/20 2:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.